Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Check MD, VA, PA

Thanks Ace.

In fact I'm a member at that site, but haven't gotten any replys yet.

I'll keep trying!

Cheers,

Greg
    Always dive with a buddy & reduce the risk of shark attack by 50%

City
    Virginia Beach
    State
    Virginia
    Country
    USA

Wink dive buddy

I can dive to 100 ft and i'm not a manly man...lol let me know if you need a buddy. I am planning to do many dive this summer and would love to have a buddy. I just dove off Virginia Beach Saterday. It was ok and we had a great time.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

If you have not found a buddy on www.paquarrydivers.com then you have not tried. I am on that board every day, and have been diving with a lot of the members. I know there is not a lot of activity, but I also know when someone posts for a buddy they usually get more than one reply.

Please give it a try again, I am sure you will not be dissapointed. One of my dive buddies has a season pass to Dutch Springs. He is always looking for someone to go to Dutch with him and is on the paquarrydivers group.

Hi Ace,

Just posted for a group heading to Dutch this weekend. We'll see what happens.

It's a 3 hour trip for us Annapolis folks, but one I'll gladly make if I can buddy up with someone!

Cheers,

Greg

Quote Originally Posted by ldyscuba View Post
    I can dive to 100 ft and i'm not a manly man...lol let me know if you need a buddy. I am planning to do many dive this summer and would love to have a buddy. I just dove off Virginia Beach Saterday. It was ok and we had a great time.
    Hi ldyscuba!

Do you dive any of the quarries in VA or PA (there's only one in MD, Hydes, and it's not all that great from what I've been told!)

I'm practicing deep nav as much as possible, gearing up for NC and FL wreck dives later this year.

Cheers,

Greg

City
    Lexington
    State
    Ky
    Country
    USA

I will be in Virginia Beach in a couple of weeks. Is there any good diving in that area. I've heard that Virginia beach is for lovers. So I think that I will bring my own tent as well

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I see from paquarrydivers that you were able to find a group to dive with. I am really thrilled that we were able to find you some divers to enjoy the weekend with. Now you are required to give a dive report.

I will comply!

Cheers,

Greg

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Great!

I would love to hear what it is like. The last time I went diving at Dutch Springs, the water temp was nice and warm. My temp gauge read 38 degrees! Break out the shorty wetsuit....lol

The visibility was nothing short of amazing though!

Default Dive Report Dutch Springs 30 June - 2 July

What an awesome weekend!

Dutch Springs 30 June - 2 July

Great weather, great diving, and a great gang to share it with. What more could you ask for? Oh yeah, a beer distributor just around the corner!

That sums up last weekend at Dutch Springs. I can't thank Jennifer and Allen for inviting me up to join the A-1 Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Adventures clan for a weekend of great company and great diving. Four great dives with a fantastic crew, I'll make the 3 hour trip from Annapolis anytime!

Diving at Dutch is probably the best a quarry can hope to offer. Large surface area and multiple entry points keep it from feeling crowded (even with a lot of divers around). Lots of underwater sites to visit including a Hellcat WWII fighter, a Helicopter suspended from floats at 45' that you can swim through, boats, trucks, and more at depths ranging from 30 or so feet to 95'. This past weekend the vis was 15 to 20 feet (especially if you got to the sites first!) and temps ranged from 70 at the surface to 48 at 86'. All this and there are always dive master qualified spotters watching over the in-water divers.

Thanks again A-1 Scuba Diving & Snorkeling Adventures! Can't wait to join up with you again!

Cheers,

Greg

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast