Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buddy Check MD, VA, PA

Default Buddy Check MD, VA, PA

Greetings,

Where are all the divers in Maryland, Virginia, and Pennsylvania? I've been trying to scare up a buddy to go weekend diving with for a month now, and can't find anyone!

I'm trying to get quarry dives in as practice for doing some NC and FL wreck diving later this year. A couple of the quarries in PA have depths approaching 100+ feet, so these are where I'd like to head.

I've got a two-man tent, and would like to camp over Saturday nights to get as many dives as possible in over the weekend.

Anyone out there need a dive buddy?

Cheers,

Greg
    gregschmitt31@hotmail.com

Dive with a buddy and reduce the risk of shark attack by 50%
    Always dive with a buddy & reduce the risk of shark attack by 50%

Gregg, ever since the Brokeback Mountain movie, guys are afraid to go camping.

Welcome to the ScubaMagazine.net Forum by the way, you've now officially de-lurked yourself!

Not true for manly men that want to dive in manly ways!

Do you dive with dive gear made for men, by men, for manly men? ( a scuba twist on John Belushi's Saurday Night Live skit)

Tis only one way to dive, and that's the manly way!

Aye!

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I agree with iDiveChick, with all of this gay brokecrack mountain stuff and all, no way I will share a tent with some guy.

Anyway, I do have my own tent that I can use if you want to do some diving. I am in PA, and love to dive at Willow Springs. The depth is only maxed out at 55 ft though. Let me know if you are interested.

Ace

That's cool ace. ;-)

Do you dive Bainbridge or Dutch Springs?

Cheers,

Greg

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I have never been to Bainbridge, but have heard good things. I do go to Dutch from time to time, but usually head to Willow because I have a season pass, and it is really close to home. Dutch is really nice with its teal-blue crystal clear waters I must say. Some of my local dive groups/clubs/shops have special events at Dutch during the summer, so that is when I usually make a trip over there.

Ace,

If you decide to go to Dutch some weekend and want a buddy (or you know someone that does), drop me a line. That's a 2.5 hour drive for me (give or take) so I'd definitely like to spend a weekend there and get in 4-5 dives.

Cheers,

Greg

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

No problem! If you check out www.paquarrydivers.com and sign up (it's a free yahoo group) you can find a buddy there. Just post the date(s) you are looking to go and we will get you a buddy. There is a group going this weekend, they are camping as well. I know the notice is short, but they are looking for divers to join them.

Let me know if you need any help, I can get you the group leaders info.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast