Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Buddy Check MD, VA, PA

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I see you posted at www.paquarrydivers.com as well. Thanks.

I am really happy to hear you had a great time. Sounds like the visibility is bad for Dutch, but I have heard that from others as well. Still great visibility anyway.

Let me know the next time you are going to come up and maybe we can meet for some dives.

Ace

Will do Ace!

Cheers,

Greg
    Always dive with a buddy & reduce the risk of shark attack by 50%

Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Hi to all of my fellow Mid-Atlantic types. I just found and joined this forum. LadyDog (my beautiful wife and dive buddy) and I have about a year of diving in the log book and have become total junkies. St. Lucia, Aruba, Key Largo, Pompano Beach and Lake Rawlings are already logged and Bonaire is coming up in September.

We're planning to hit Rawlings again on July 21 & 22. Anyone else going to be there?

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Dog,

I have never heard of Rawlings, can you give us some more info.

I know you are near me (PA) so maybe it is something close by to dive.

Ace

Registered Users
    City
    Charles Town
    State
    West Virginia
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Dog,

I have never heard of Rawlings, can you give us some more info.

I know you are near me (PA) so maybe it is something close by to dive.

Ace
    Lake Rawlings is in southern Virginia - a fair hike from PA, but it's awesome as quarries go. It basically has two depths. The deepest part is around 60 feet, and the largest part of the quarry has a bottom at around 30 feet. There are lots of sunken boats, vehicles and obstacle courses. Vis is really good during the week at as much as 60 feet. Things can get stirred up on weekends because a lot of training goes on there. But even then you can find some pretty clean water by getting away from the training platform area. The quarry has a large population of zebra mussels, which are credited for keeping the water clean.

There is a ton of on-site basic camping, and a few of spots with electrical hook-ups for RV's. No hot water shower houses yet, but they say they plan to put some in this summer. On-site air fills as well. Check it out at www.lakerawlings.com

Mountain Dog
    It's not the destination, it's the journey.

Registered Users
    City
    philly burbs
    State
    Pennsylvania
    Country
    USA

Hey Greg I live in delco about two hours from dutch springs and I recently got open water certified in october at dutch springs. I have 12 dives under my belt one being a boat dive in florida and the rest florida shore dives. I recently finished accquiring everthing needed to dive equipment wise and will be looking to dive in the early spring I have a mares 6.5 isotherm "semi dry " suit" that should suffice. I plan a few trips to florida this summer and also would like to get my skills down. I also have a 11.5ft slide in truck camper so i really dont need a tent. If you want to go diving at dutch in late January or febuary or even later let me know. By the way the camper has heat a stove and fridge and two seperate beds for sleeping (cab over and take down table)
    there is no need to worry about freezing when you get out the water and its freezing outside. if intrested email me at bigh110@gmail.com
    my usual dive buddy is building a house in florida and will not be around alot this spring

State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

If you ever want to dive Willow Springs, let me know. I would be more than happy to show you around. There is electric hookup for your camper too. I will be diving from time to time all winter, well when I am not in Florida warming up as often as I can. The diving down there is really sweet!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123