Thread: St Lucia Pix

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Default St Lucia Pix

Wasn't too sure where to put this, but thought this might be as good a place as any.

Below is a link to some pictures that I took last week.

It's nothing too spectacular, but does give a good general idea about whats under the Caribbean Sea just off St Lucia's west coastline.

http://www.lotties-shenanigans.com/A...ks/CALR-74JL4A

Enjoy!

Lottie

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Thanks for sharing your photos!

Is it as dark as it looks in the photos or is it just the cam?

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

It isn't as dark as it looks - that was just me not getting the lighting right for the camera. The viz is normal really good - about 50 to 100 ft.

Just blame the user not the equipment!

Lottie

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

That is what I thought. I know it is not your fault, these cams don't do well without lots of light. The strobes you can get still only work for pretty close shots.

Once you get your buoyancy down, I am sure you will get lots of photo practice in. Considering you have that diving in your backyard and all.

THANKS AGAIN FOR THE PICS!

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Yeah. Not bad eh?

I'm thinking of doing the peak buoyancy and underwater photographer adventure courses for my AOW (gonna do next month) - then they'll be no stopping me with getting snappy with a camera!!! - well, might be an idea if I actually got my own camera!!!

Glad you liked the pics!

Lottie

Enjoyed the photos Lottie!

If you don't run your photos through Photoshop and you want me to massage a few of them for you and see what the Genie brings since I need the practice, let me know.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Cool pics Lottie, thanks for sharing them. There does appear to be a lot of vibrant colors in the waters off of St. Lucia. For a relatively new diver taking a camera underwater for the first time, I would say you did an excellent job. Nothing beats practice for getting better, and as iDiveChick alluded to, Photoshop can be your friend for bringing out the real magic after the dive. Hope to see more photos as you progress.

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

Bama - You say the nicest things. I was quite surprised how the pics turned out. There were a number that came out really dark, that I didn't post up, but quite pleased with the end result.

iDiveChick - I dont' have photoshop, but if you have some time and want to massage a few of them, please don't let me stop you.

Lottie

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by lottie View Post
    Bama - You say the nicest things. I was quite surprised how the pics turned out. There were a number that came out really dark, that I didn't post up, but quite pleased with the end result.

iDiveChick - I dont' have photoshop, but if you have some time and want to massage a few of them, please don't let me stop you.

Lottie
    I also make a helluva great Irish Coffee, you might want to keep that in mind for when you get your bar open