Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Scuba Diving for Golf Balls

Country
    USA

We haven't updated to the 4.0 series as some functionality will be lost without a whole lot of new functionality to gain in the process.

Yeah, the spammers don't bother me at all, it doesn't get my goat, as it is rarely a human anyway. There is a certain futility with arguing or insulting a computer program! lol

When we see a spammer with a hyperlink, if we're not positive, we delete the hyperlink and block the ability to create a future hyperlink to the profile.

If it is an obvious spammer, then their posts are deleted, even en-mass if needed, and their IP is blocked.

As to additional emoticons, we added a few that looked like they were created with the same style, but there are far more out there but with a different style, and we try to keep it uniform. The ones we added gave users the ability to convey an emotion as often times readers cannot tell.
    SMN Publisher

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post

As to additional emoticons, we added a few that looked like they were created with the same style, but there are far more out there but with a different style, and we try to keep it uniform. The ones we added gave users the ability to convey an emotion as often times readers cannot tell.

Yea' users here are only entitled to convey emotion as long as it is uniform and fits one of the 15 emotions you are allowed. It looks like a guy with a bat beating a dead horse is pretty uniform with the other smiley faces.

Registered Users

I just found this thread while browsing. It looks like I made the original post years ago right after I first wrote my book before I knew proper internet etiquette .... I apologise for just signing up to your site and advertising like that!
    I am a very lousy get rich quick scammer as I am definitely not rich haha..I dove for balls for many years, even had my own retrieval company... What everyone has said here is correct. it is a dirty nasty dangerous job mainly for the young and fearless that want to make a lot of money quickly... It's definitely not for everyone, I Know 3 people that have drowned doing this .... You can make a lot of money, it's not uncommon to find thousands upon thousands of balls on a single dive... But the danger and the muck you climb in, ear infections you get and the sheer creepy factor of not seeing a damn thing while you dive with beats like gators do make it a job where most that try it say screw the money lol
    Anyways I'm a fellow diver, found this thread while searching around and wanted to apologise for being rude with my post all those years ago...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234