Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Scuba Diving for Golf Balls

Registered Users

Default Scuba diving for golf balls

R&L Golf Ball Retrieval Co. Presents The lost Golf Ball

Find out all of the secrets of the golf ball retrieval industry. Finding information of how to start and run a golf ball retrieval company is an extremely difficult task. Industry leaders keep all of the information very secretive as they know it is a very profitable industry with very low startup and maintenance costs and very little competition.
    The entire process is very complex, knowing how to wash the balls properly with speed and getting them back into almost new condition, how to grade and sort the balls, how to recover them most efficiently, how to get contracts with golf courses for the lowest cost and how to sell them.
    Sounds difficult, yet it is really quite simply once you have the knowledge. If someone was to try and learn all of this through trial and error it would takes years to get it right.
    That’s where the Lost Golfball E-book comes into play

The Lost Golf Ball E-book covers everything anyone would need to know to start and run a golf ball retrieval company.
    The author has over 13 years experience in the industry, he dove for golf balls for 8 years before starting his own full fledged retrieval company.
    Within the book you will find out how to get contracts with courses, how to dive for golf balls, how to roll for golf balls, how to clean golf balls, how to sell the golf balls – everything!
    There is also over 35 pictures at the end of the book from the bottoms of golf course ponds so you can see what it actually looks like down there.

Anyone that is an entrepreneur and is looking for a new idea that is a proven money maker and is not expensive to start should definitely check out The Lost Golf Ball E-book.

Golf Ball retrieval is a largely unknown multi billion dollar industry.
    Excerpt from U.S.A Today below

An estimated 518 million rounds of golf are played in the U.S.A each year,
    And on average, a golfer loses 4.5 balls per round.
    Usage of new vs. regained golf balls:

Total Golf Balls Played Per Year
    2.5 Billion

“Regained” golf balls played
    1.9 billion

New golf balls sold
    .6 billion

This clearly shows the possibilities in this industry. Join the golf ball revolution today! Visit http://www.rnlgolfballs.com for more information and The Lost Golf Ball E-book.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by rszarka View Post
    Within the book you will find out how to get contracts with courses, how to dive for golf balls, how to roll for golf balls, how to clean golf balls, how to sell the golf balls – everything!
    How to deal with the big aggressive eels in the ponds and the snakes in the reeds around them? The ear infections from the stagnant water?
    Not knocking what your doing i know you can make a bit of money out of it but it definately isnt for everyone.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

How about alligators. I know there are a lot of golf courses in Florida, but there are more alligators than golf courses.

I thought about doing this as well, but the more I thought about it, the less fun it sounded. It started to sound like real work, and who wants real work?

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

We dont have alligators here but we do have big crocs up north but i think they would be the least of your worries.

Matt

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I don't know much about crocs, but if they behave like alligators, I would not go near that water. I would rather swim with a great white than with gators.

But all things considered, this sounds like it could be something that could work out well. You only get up to 20 cents per ball if perfect, and less depending on condition, so you would need to find a LOT of golf balls. I bet you could get a lot without even diving though.

Back home we used to go digging for clams. You would use a metal rake and wade into the muddy marsh areas and dig them out at low tide. I am sure a similar technique would work for golf balls. Plus you could wack a giant eel or snake with the rake if you really had to. LOL

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Crocs are much more aggresive (at least the salty's are) than gators; the only time you really have to fear being close to a gator is when a big bull is staking out his domain during breeding season, or when a cow is sitting on her nest. I doubt you see very many bulls claiming a golf course pond as their private breeding grounds, and it is as unlikely that you will find a cow making a nest so close to human activity. Most of what you will find in a golf course pond will be younger juveniles just looking for a safe place to grow big before moving on to better forays. There is a much greater danger of encountering snakes in that golf pond.

If you want to make good money retrieving golf balls, just make contact with your local driving ranges. You can go about it much like clamming, draggin the bottom with a rake like device, but you will accomplish more if you are actually in the water actively searching.

Would I pay someone to teach me how to break into the business and make a fortune? Hell no, but then I never watch infomercials on late night TV either. Those who make the most at this practice are situated close to large courses with a number of driving ranges close by to sell the fruits of their labor to. All it really takes is enough common sense to deduce whether or not there is a sustainable market within your home area. I used to make good money as a kid fishing balls out of the ponds in FL; I doubt seriously if I would have the same luck up here in KY.

RME-Diver Commercial Diving LLC, available nationally for underwater construction, demolition, inspection, salvage.

www.rmediver.com

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by rszarka View Post
    ..on average, a golfer loses 4.5 balls per round.
    That is TOTAL BS!

City
    Tacoma
    State
    WA
    Country
    USA

Maybe I'm missing something here...but would this post be better in a different forum? Not sure that you're going to reach the intended audience in the Scuba Chix forum.

While I've done several articles about commercial divers who are females, I haven't met a female golf ball diver...

Cheers!

Interesting thread, but GD, you're right, it belongs in the job opportunities section.

Oh blast, I've been putting off figuring out how to move an entire thread, now I have to go look it up, lol.....

Update; Hey, it worked!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast