Thread: Hello from Pennsylvania

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Cool Hello from Pennsylvania

Hello All:

I am Ace, originally from the New Jersey Shore, but I now live in PA. I was NAUI certified in 1989 by Atlantic Wreck Divers.

Obviously I love diving that is why I am here. I have been on many wrecks off the coast of New Jersey. I have also spent some time underwater in Negril. More recently I was able to do some kelp diving in California off Anacapa Island with Sea Lions, however most of my diving is done in a few local rock quarries.

The nice thing about the rock quarries is the amount of dives I am able to get in. I am usually able to get in at least 4 dives per week!

My dive travel destinations in the near future are :

Cooper River, NC (Megladon teeth and fossel hunt)
    Florida (West Palm Beach/Bahamas)
    Florida (Keys)
    Maine ( I love lobster)
    Great Lakes (now that I have a dry suit)
    and the list will grow...

Hi Ace, welcome to the ScubaMagazine.net forum! Feel free to jump right in anywhere!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

G'day and welcome aboard.

Matt

Hey Ace! Are you fimilar with PQD?

I am in upstae NY, you will love the Great Lakes. ( Once you get here.)

I get down to Dutch Springs a few times a year. Next trip is July 14-15th. Bringing the kids. One is certified but I think she wants to do the sky challenge and aqua park too.

Welcome and enjoy.
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wink

Great, I plan on getting involved right away.

By the way Zero, I checked out your myspace and I must say you are quite the photographer. Your dive photos are amazing as well as your topside ones. I noticed the photo of you inside a wreck, did you see what looks to be some china directly below you?

Daddy-H20, I am VERY familiar with PQD, if you go to www.paquarrydivers.com I am Ace (Acelockco) the one that posts all of the dive reports. I usually dive at Willow Springs Quarry because it is only 20-30 minutes from my house. I also make it over to Dutch Springs a few times a year and it is a pleasure because the visibility is so amazing there.

As far as the the sky challange, I have never done it but it looked lame when I was there last. Get your little one diving if you can convince him or her.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Yep there were lots of relics around inside and out but they are also protected and you cant take things off the wreck. I did manage to get a 42 Coke bottle from an old dump site that is just about perfect but.

Matt