Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Seahorse fest anyone? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seahorse fest anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Ok what do we call cold? Mine was taken in about 19 degree water (no i dont know how much that is in F cant even spell it) and although they arent as glamourous as their spotty cousins we get a few common ones in Sydney. Temp goes from about 22-24 down to about 13-14C.

Matt
    Water temperatures in Puget Sound range from a high of about 13C to a low of about 6C ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

City
    Warner Robins
    State
    GA
    Country
    USA

Here's mine.. It's a rare breed.
    **D**
    Dive Often, Dive Safe and Share Your Sport.
    My Website My Blog MySpace DiveBuddy
    Adopt a Manatee

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Talking

THANK YOU dalehall!

That is the best sea horse I have ever seen in my life!

I can't stop laughing and I had to show my wife, now she won't stop laughing.

It reminds me of the Atlantic City Steel Pier Diving Horse, do you know about that one?

This is a JUVENILE hippocampus bargibanti pygmy. If you think the adults are small..... When the guide found it, it took forever to find it too. I was really lucky to get this. In all my time diving the pacific, I have never seen a juvenile before.
    Attached Images Attached Images

And, heck, I forgot that pipefish are related. I found this couple in Lembeh busily fertilizing eggs. Evidently, unlike the seahorse, with ornates the female broods the eggs by clasping the ventral fins together forming a brood pouch. Every now and then, as the fertilizing was being performed, you could catch glimpses of the eggs through the gap in the fins.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by dalehall View Post
    Here's mine.. It's a rare breed.

LOLOL!!!!
    I've always wanted to see the elusive hippocampus ponyensis! Way cool!

Quote Originally Posted by allisonfinch View Post
    And, heck, I forgot that pipefish are related. I found this couple in Lembeh busily fertilizing eggs. Evidently, unlike the seahorse, with ornates the female broods the eggs by clasping the ventral fins together forming a brood pouch. Every now and then, as the fertilizing was being performed, you could catch glimpses of the eggs through the gap in the fins.
    I'll be visiting that area next March ... I hope to see half of the stuff you're showing us in these pictures ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

hippocampus ponyensis
    ponyensis, lol.....In Hong Kong they dont' call it the Hong Kong flu, but in France, the quoted seahorse's scientific name is H ponysoni whereas in Japan, the scientific name is Hippocampus ponysony.

GREAT photo Allison!

Ponysony!!!! Roflmao!!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12