Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Philippines Tubbataha Pix

Thread: Philippines Tubbataha Pix

Default Philippines Tubbataha Pix

Another wonderful trip with the sea flat like mirror, the biggest ripples were created by occasional Dolphins & Flying-fish. Unfortunately, no pictures of them...cos I was snoozing. 6-7 days of diving covered North - South of Tubbataha in The Philippines (National Park).

The average visibility 30-40m, it is so clear that you tend to go deeper & not knowing your depth. Pristine corals.

Plenty of fishes that are not afraid of divers, sure you can get some good fish portraiture shots here. The big animals are:- Sharks (Black, White tip, Grey, Silky, Mantas, Hammerhead, Mobulus Ray...etc etc).

Season starts: March - June (June being the end of the season expect higher rain falls). Tubbataha is only accessible by Live Aboard, 7-8 days would be just nice to cover all the sites.

Pix below taken with my new toy. D200, Nexus. Coments are most welcome.

Hi Eric, great photos!

What outfit did you dive with?

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Where's the hundred circling barracudas? (We almost always ended our Tubba dives with a sight of them?) Thanks for posting your images, makes me wish all the more that April 2008 came sooner.
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

iDiveChick - Hi Eric, great photos!
    What outfit did you dive with?

I was on M/Y VASCO, not the luxury type but decent/comfy enough. Others are Explorer Fleet.

Next destination in July: Manado, LOB - Bangka Island & Lembeh Straits.