Thread: Diving SoCal and Monterey Bay

Hybrid View

Phrenic,

There is a Maldives dive video posted here

Registered Users

Default excellent

Yep that will work, and I'll bet it gets even better. I was also reading that it is a great place to dive with sharks.

Did anyone else put in an entry for the Discovery HD 1080 trip? That would be something I really wish I could do. If you missed it, there was a contest to put in a daily entry to have the opportunity to travel to the Carribean with the Discovery Channel dive crew to film shark week for this summer. I want to win so bad it hurts.

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Registered Users

Sounds like I'll have to be careful. I work with some guys that go down there to fish often, so I should be able to get the names and numbers for reputable boats and what exactly it should cost. The pongas don't really sound fun - baking in the sun, ending up with fish you don't want to consume which makes killing them a waste...that's the main reason I would pay more to do catch and release marlin fishing. If I can find a reasonable solution where we are covered, and the fish buried in ice - I will do it. After all Cabo is world famous for fishing, and I hear the chefs at the resort are usually happy to prepare it for you. Being nickel and dimed for everything is annoying but inevitable in a resort town.

In the meantime I checked out Amigos del Mar and they have a dive package that looks good to me:

"The Slam Dunk Package"
    Three Days of Diving - 1 two tank day Local Diving, 1 two tank "Across The Bay Trip", 1 two tank Cabo Pulmo Day = $269

...I can see myself going for this what do you guys think?

"It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

That sounds like a decent deal. Avoid a dive to the "Sand Falls".

Registered Users

I'll make 'em work for the extra dough: "hey listen when we get down there, could you roll up into a ball and roll yourself down sand falls?"

-Hunter S. Thompson

Tell them you saw a video of a coconut octopus rolling up into a ball on
    ScubaMagazine.net and you promised you'd bring home some footage, lol