I think that most divers have started transitioning back to a BP/W set up because of their versatility. With a jacket you are limited to single cylinders, while the back plate can be configured for singles, doubles, or whatever floats your boat. Do know that there is a difference between the traditional backplate and wing setup and the newer back inflate BC's that have recently flooded the market. While most of these tech wannabe (my cavern instructors term) designs work nicely with average cylinders, they do not compare with the stability offered by a solid backplate with a simple webbing harness. The BP setup is also a lot easier to make fit different sizes as opposed to the convoluted rigs you see being sold today. The best advice I can offer is to try as many different setups as you can, focusing on how they trim at depth, the stability they offer for the cylinders you are using, and how they float you at the surface, then pick the one that is right for the type of diving that you are most interested in.