One of the things I noticed at the LB Scuba show was the abundance of Back Inflate BCD's. I started with a Back Inflate when I was first getting certified when i was living/working in Hong Kong, and later when I was training in Southern California I switched to a vest,( because that's what the shop rented out). I remember having some trouble staying up right on the surface with the Back Inflate but the fact that I was a "newbie" kicking all over like a duck may have had something to do with it too. I always planned on buying Vest style, because that's what I was used to the most. But after hearing a gazillion opinions. Key word "Opinions", It seemed the divers with the most experience, Tech and Recreational, preferred the Back Inflate.
Needless to say I haven't been able to come to any decision. I tried both on at the show and have to admit I found the Back Inflate BCD's very comfortable, and easy to move in, granted I was standing in the convention center with no tank, wetsuit or anything else I attach to myself before hitting the deep blue.
That said, I'm still looking for a few opinions from my peers who aren't trying to sell me their latest product. Any and all info is welcome and appreciated. I realize it's "All Opinion" but I would like yours anyway
Thanks in advance
SeaDog