Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Choosing a Dive Computer

Thread: Choosing a Dive Computer

Threaded View

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Quote Originally Posted by phrenicnerve View Post
    I have this dilemma right now as well!

All the DM's I have gone diving with use a Cobra. Even in Fiji the DM's used a Cobra. It is not mentioned here. Why? Is it because it is air integrated? I hadn't thought of this issue, but understand why it could be a problem. I can't say they don't malfunction. I have been on a dive where the DM's Cobra did malfunction and became useless. Fortunately it was at the end of the dive, and he uses backups. This issue isn't something I have heard many complaints about though. Others have said they have used their Cobra for years without issue.

Also I do not own my own regulator. Do dive shops frown on needing to attach a Cobra to their regulators?

I have decided on Suunto but which one? I was thinking a Cobra w/SK7 compass attachment.

1- Cobra
    2 - Vyper
    3- Mosquito
    4 - Stinger

All of these would work proper for my purposes I think. Is air integration the main difference?
    Phrenicnerve mate,

again, Cobra's are nice, but do you have a spare SPG on your reg?
    some diveshops mostly dont like the hassle of connecting your cobra to their regs, depends on the diveshop though. the SK-7 = great compass, have one for years now, integrated? i dunno, it could be nice on the way that it is not on your hand, connected to your console... on the other hand, what happens if your console gets hit by something? waightbelt....car door..... another tank..... seen it happen, + you got to know/get used to reading a hose attached compass, personally i find it uncomfortable. i prefer all my guages hand srapped, but, i think the best way for you to find out is just try diving both ways, then, take the goods and bads from all, and then make your choice depending on what suits YOU the most

i wish you luck man
    choosing a computer is a difficult thing, i have stated my views about this earlier on : )
    again,
    good luck mate

Daniel
    Last edited by Diverdaniel; 06-25-2007 at 04:00 AM. Reason: typo's