View Poll Results: What makes it a tec dive?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • Tech gear = tech dive

1 6.67%
  • Going deep or doing deco makes it a tech dive

14 93.33%
Multiple Choice Poll.

Thread: slinging = tech?

Hybrid View

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by Diverdaniel View Post
    hello CrazyHead,
    is it a good idea to breath your tanks dry one at a time?
    when is your turning point? when do you know when to begin ending the dive ?
    what if you blow an O-ring on your last tank and the other 3 are empty?
    i would leave at least 350 psi in my tanks just in case, mark my reguloators so i know what comes from where, so there will be no doubt i would not wish to take a useless reg in to my mouth when i have no air.
    Do you dive with a Buddy? i would be highly advised.
    are you streamlined? if you have hoses dragging behind you, one of them might just get caught in something, more chance of accident, you could keep the hoses of the Pony tanks strapped and folded against them so you know exactly where you put them, and have east access to them.
    whether its tekkie or not is not an issue in my eyes. if i were that instructor i would get in to the pool with you and help you out with your configuration.
    i would take a Strees & Rescue course, if you have not taken one as yet, if only to imroove my diving so i would be prepared to save myself when need be.
    also, suitable diving insurance if you have not got it.
    a tech course would also help, yes, but im not trying to sell you anything.
    life is important mate, if we do things that could put us in harms way, at least try to minimalise the dangers
    none of us would like to be part of the statistics.
    good safe diving
    Thanks I've printed out this thread and will take it with me on my next dive with stages.

City
    Eilat
    Country
    Israel

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Diverdaniel
    what if you blow an O-ring on your last tank and the other 3 are empty?
    i would leave at least 350 psi in my tanks just in case, mark my reguloators so i know what comes from where, so there will be no doubt i would not wish to take a useless reg in to my mouth when i have no air.

Id go a step further and not breath any tank down at once. If you swap regs every 10 bar you will always have around the same amount of gas in all your tanks and your turn around point is easy to work out.
    As for the streamlining them have you ever tried sidemounts? Dive Rite do a kit for the Transpac 2 system that works great. Holds everything nice and close but aslo out of the way. There are a few others that make sidemounted BCs if you look around. Armadillo is another maker.

Matt

Dear Matt,
    to manage ones gasses that way would be ideal.
    only it would be task loading in such a way that would really indanger the diver, in my eyes at least. the rule of thrids would work nicely i think?

about sidemounts?
    all i have to say is WOW
    Man what a change.
    nothing forward, and All round back, you have total freedon to move your arms.
    i have made myself an armadillo style BP
    works wonders when you need to work manually U/W

i'll post pics sometime maybe