Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by dearkinson View Post
    I want to know your opinion or take a dive solo. I know this is a hot topic and is not supported during the year, but I would like to hear from divers who have done a few solo dives and get your comments on the security aspect, and if you personally feel that it is ok.
    I have completed around 2,500 solo dives, I also teach SDI's Solo diving course.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

I also have done some semi solo diving on numerous occasions. I say semi solo because I do start the dive with a dive buddy but we go our own way, but it is a rather confined area and shallow water.

Personally I like the idea of solo diving, of course with training and the correct equipment.

Registered Users

Default In the end

You can have all the redundant equipment, know how to use it, take actions accordingly and come home many many times. I solo dive as well. I prefer it.
    I bet 80% of divers (I don't know the real number, I'm trying to stress a point)dive solo in one form or another. Next time you're diving, watch other 'pairs' of divers and see how often they check on each other, how often they check their guages, come up together, dive within arms reach, etc..
    It boils down to accepting there will be no one to assist you in time of need. Not fearing death or dwell on it.
    I am happy to read you are interested in solo diving and that you are looking for instruction on the art/techique of solo diving. The Instructor is your foundation. Make sure you seek the best one and practice the Standard Operating Procedures taught to you. They will serve as the foundation for the reason why you come home after every dive.

Dive Safe,
    Lars
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"