Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Seahorses at last

Registered Users

Smile Seahorses at last

We have been diving Cozumel for several years and always loved it. Many experiences and stories to tell (hence the name, Grouper Bait) but on our last trip early in May we finally saw seahorses for the first time. Went back the next day and our divemaster had a video and took great shots of them. If you would like to see them it is at www.aquaconnection.com
    Allen will be our divemaster of choice from now on. He runs a great safety minded operation with lots of extras us old timers enjoy. Makes us excited about Cozumel again!

Great info GB, glad you had a good time in Coz, nice seahorse footage, and thanks for the AquaConnection tip!

Quote Originally Posted by Grouper Bait View Post
    on our last trip early in May we finally saw seahorses for the first time.. Makes us excited about Cozumel again!
    I was in Cozumel for the 1st time a couple months ago... and my one and only request on the whole trip was to see a seahorse... On one of the days, the DM on the boat (Nestor, from Scuba Club Coz), changed the dive plan that was scheduled for that day... Instead of the reefs, we went to a sandy flat area with lots of vegetation just to find seahorses.. and found several
    Another group of divers on a nearby reef left their reef to come and see why we were all looking at "sand"..... When they saw the seahorses, they were just as thrilled as our group was
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users

GrouperBait is a shill. He/she has posted on several scuba sites with blatant advertising for their new little operation. Planting trip reports and plugs for a new shop won't win you friends and customers. It's pretty pathetic and very transparent to those who frequent the various scuba sites.

1 post since joining in May, what does that tell you?
    Last edited by CaptainBing; 08-23-2007 at 09:12 PM. Reason: spelling

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

So what? Don't go! I have photographed Sea Horses in Cozumel! If he owns or operates a business so what? He has every right to do so and let us know about it! A far exchange is no robbery!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    So what? Don't go! I have photographed Sea Horses in Cozumel! If he owns or operates a business so what? He has every right to do so and let us know about it! A far exchange is no robbery!
    It is true, he has every right to promote his business. The thing that he is doing that is not right though is missrepresenting himself. He is pretending to be an extremely satisfied customer in telling us about the great time he had. So it is an outright lie.

Now if he said he was Allen from Auqa Connection, then that would be a different thing completely. The point is, lies will not get you good customers.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

The only thing I would ask is how do you know? If so, deception is usually uncovered in the long run and the price is paid. But we are all innocent until the facts are in?
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users

Default Sea Horse Footage

Thanks for the video posting. I have never seen a sea horse yet, but headed to Coz in 2 months and hope to see one.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Here are some friends that just got back and they found Sea Horses!
    http://thesailingsharkadventures.com...ozumel_08.html

Registered Users

Wink

Thanks for posting. I'm headed to Cozumel in May. It will be my first time out of the USA and I'm so looking forward to it and seeing all the sights, however if I don't see any of those big spiders I won't be disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa Bear View Post
    Here are some friends that just got back and they found Sea Horses!
    http://thesailingsharkadventures.com...ozumel_08.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast