Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cam Bag

[QUOTE=amtrosie;4366]I can not begin to tell you the myriad times I have had to fix/repair, or just replace overhead bins that have been destroyed from people trying to fit a 50 lbs. bag in a bin capable of holding 25 lbs.

WAAAAA!!!!!!!!

BTW, my sister is a captain for United Airlines and she assures me that the bins a built for more than 25 lbs. Repairs often are needed for normal wear and tear, as well as "abuse".

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

[QUOTE=allisonfinch;8400]
    Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    I can not begin to tell you the myriad times I have had to fix/repair, or just replace overhead bins that have been destroyed from people trying to fit a 50 lbs. bag in a bin capable of holding 25 lbs.

WAAAAA!!!!!!!!

BTW, my sister is a captain for United Airlines and she assures me that the bins a built for more than 25 lbs. Repairs often are needed for normal wear and tear, as well as "abuse".
    I'll not comment on the assurances of an individual who does not see the direct affects of over weight objects in these bins. Can the weight limit be exceeded? Yes, to a degree. But not in the excess that the overheads are stressed to more and more. (I have maintained aircraft for 29 years, and have seen far too much excess)

As for your cases, have you had any issues with the stickers "attracting" undue attention from unscrupulous individuals?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Guess it is time for the airlines to make a decision. Either get lots of replacement parts and have amtrosie fix them all of the time or they can upgrade the hardware and even have amtrosie install it. The reason I say this is because I have seen 100's of lbs shoved into the overhead compartments on every flight I have been in. In fact, I am sure I have put in at least 35 lbs in my carry on alone, along with the 4 other bags shoved in there next to mine.

Reality is reality.

I don't worry about the stickers attracting "unscrupulous" peoples' attention since the bag doesn't leave my protection. On those occasions where it is gate checked, it has cable ties to discourage pilfering. The bags are loaded right there and there is little time for theft.

BTW, look at all that abusive damage to overhead compartments as job security.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12