Quote Originally Posted by joandjoe View Post
I've checked, and I'm definitely a girl, so I'm dropping in to say hello too. My diving is going to be curtailed for the next 7 months whilst I grow a baby :-) I'm looking forward to getting back in the water sometime next year - or is that wishful thinking?...

Jo(anne)
Congrats Jo!

Our divemaster (and friend) J married long-time dive buddy P. They're super-avid divers. P continued to dive until her third month. Beyond that, just the thought of donning weight belt and wet suit became intolerable.

Post-birth, they figured P could’ve gone back into the water four to five months later -- except, fearing that her breastmilk might dry up, she didn’t want to be parted from her baby for even a weekend.

A total of nine months after the birth, by then comfortable about bringing the baby with them (3-hour road trip one-way) for a weekend at the resort (feeding baby on demand still being the consideration), P finally got to slip back into the water. We were there to celebrate the moment

With that system, P was able to breastfeed for up to 18 months. (I can only assume that’s a good run, sounds like it to me )

Just thought sharing how other mommies went about it might be assuring