Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Hi Divers.

Thread: Hi Divers.

Registered Users

Talking Hi Divers.

I am an Norwegian Instructor based in Davao City. I have lived in the Phillipines for almost 2 years and enjoy it very much.

Not necesarily cause its a beautiful city or cause I daily face death driving around on my Honda 200, Not even cause the air is cleaner than Manilla.. I really hope it is though...

I do however think it is cause people here are great! And even if I obvioulsy dont know how to drive, cause I now and then face the hard truth of eating gravel and what else is found on concrete roads.. I am happy to say that driving the way i do here, would have gotten me in prison for lifetime in any country in Europe..
    But this was not going to be about driving, I do also spend quite a bit of time underwater with students and without them, I enjoy both even if my camera at the moment is ..not working.. which is extremely annoying..passing by Ghost pipefish number 10, seahorse number 2 and the flambuoyant cuttlefish...

We have freedom to dive here and its cheap. Most divers know eachother as good friends or by name and face.

I am fairly new to diving, but have learned from the best.. and for being as young as I am ..like to think so anyway.. I considder myself an good diver and responsible Instructor..

Too much...

Thats me. Looking forward to read your inputs and make some contributions myself.

Tnx

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

welcome aboard DD!

have you met World Wide Diver? they're in Davao too... (here's their link)
    Greetings from Davao, Mindanao - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

as for me, i was born in Davao but raised in Manila. my parents use to live in Green hills subd., Catalunan Pequeno.
    Last edited by santelmo; 05-04-2007 at 08:57 AM.

Registered Users

Thanks..
    Vaguely and briefly everyday I bump into my neighbours, WWD.. thanks for that, we are all diving buddies. :-) and live up on Bacaca Rd, El Rio.

Enjoying the wonders of Davao Gulf.!

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

i can't wait to visit Davao someday and hopefully my family and i would get the chance to dive w/ you guys... maayong kinabuhi para sa inyo tanan...

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Welcome Davao Diver!
    Davao is my usual entry-exit point (from Manila) to visiting my parents who are based in Bislig. All those years of spending a day and a night in that city (before setting off again) yet I've never even been underwater there. And then I hear from WWD that there are some fantastic sites and, apparently, a thriving diving community. Good to find some references/connections through this forum.

P.S. It's a good thing you don't drive in Manila! I'm reminded of the motorbike public transport there called "skylab" - now that's living dangerously!
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Registered Users

Default Water

As we are talking about driving and diving it was quite interesting to turn out on Torres st saturday evening. The rain caused a... mess without comprehension. As i found myself driving in the middle of the road ..I think... I was almost knocked over by waves!! caused by fire trucks driving towards me and passing me on the way... road...I think...

Luckily I made it back home befor I had to start swimming...

Went diving for real...! yesterday and had a great day althoug being sunburned on my elbows...

You should all most defineately give davao A chance as you either pass by here or come and stay for a few days.

Diving here is great!

Good day to you all.