Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Apple's New Final Cut Studio 2 w/ image stablizer

Commador 64 brings back fond game playing memories but my first toy was a Spectrum ZX 81 !

As for FCP 6 it rocks. All you pc users havent got a clue :-)

James

Registered Users
    Country
    USA

Default Platform Wars are like chic fights

Computer arguements are even stranger than Godly arguements. Who cares what platform is best, who has the best toys. I want to know the person who can use 50% of their hard/software capacity. Reality check: If I can't shoot I suck, and if I can't light, and you can't act we suck even with all the best toys. I teach college, Advanced Editing and Compositing. It's the final class in the ciricululumnunm. I still can't spell and many "graduates" don't use 10% of the machine, happens to be Mac. But they need plugins. It's dumb-down to that? My only questions is: What have you done with this half machine: half monster? If the answer is, 'not much but I need this plug-in to really shine'. Not smart to admit a plug-in can replace them. I'd have to say, a 5 year old system is still brand new if you're just starting. Get busy learning, because in the end it only matters what YOU can do with your knowledge, not your platform. Commador was at one time a cool device. Sorry for those who can remember that!
    peace,

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by hd2o View Post
    Computer arguements are even stranger than Godly arguements. Who cares what platform is best, who has the best toys. I want to know the person who can use 50% of their hard/software capacity. Reality check: If I can't shoot I suck, and if I can't light, and you can't act we suck even with all the best toys. I teach college, Advanced Editing and Compositing. It's the final class in the ciricululumnunm. I still can't spell and many "graduates" don't use 10% of the machine, happens to be Mac. But they need plugins. It's dumb-down to that? My only questions is: What have you done with this half machine: half monster? If the answer is, 'not much but I need this plug-in to really shine'. Not smart to admit a plug-in can replace them. I'd have to say, a 5 year old system is still brand new if you're just starting. Get busy learning, because in the end it only matters what YOU can do with your knowledge, not your platform. Commador was at one time a cool device. Sorry for those who can remember that!
    peace,
    Love the comment about chic fights.. LOL

But seriously, your comment about how much people use their computers is a valid statement. Me - I'm in front of my computer almost every day using a multitude of apps related to digital content creation which include as my mainstays SONY Vegas Pro 8, Sound Forge 9, Acid Pro 4, Cinescore 1.0, Photoshop 7 and GoLive 6. I am either shooting and editing video, recording audio narrations or audio podcasts with Sound Forge or scoring music with Acid Pro and Cinescore. Web page design is done with Adobe GoLive 6 and Photoshop 7.

It gets old hearing about "How great the MAC is" or "It's a more professional platform" or "PC's suck". That's like saying that the camera you shoot with determines how good the footage is going to be - it's the operator, not the gear that makes the final product. PC or MAC - it doesn't matter - just as long as the end product is as good as it can possibly be.

(Some PC users do have a clue)

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

It's true, both platforms are excellent tools to create with (even if Mac adherents seem to be the DIR zealots of the computer world ... ooops, did I say that out loud??)

But ahhhhhhh, the Commodore ... those were the days ... and the Amiga!! ohhh baby ...

I love the way this thread became a Mac vs Pc thread. Ha!

I'm going to look for that filter because for the life of me i can't hold the camera that still.

Country
    USA

Well, it is not the end all fix....it takes a decent shot and makes it a little better....it won't correct a bad shot as it has to zoom in too much.....

I tend to slightly stabilize every clip....but not overly stabilize it. .5 to .7 works for me.

Now in fairness, I have become occasionally decent in holding sort of still on macro, so I just shoot enough footage so sooner or later I will get something usable.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Get a Reed's Rod and you will be able to! I use it on a peace of dead coral to stabilize the housing and minimize at least one axis!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Country
    USA

I need both hands to operate the videocam and it is rarely within distance of anything anyway.
    SMN Publisher

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12