Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Greetings from Davao, Mindanao - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Greetings from Davao, Mindanao

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Thank you so much for giving me a picture. Our group's third/last night of the traverse was spent on Lake Venado. Because it was my birthday then, a few days before the year 2000 rang in, that site stands out in my mind. It's sad that part of its story now is this one death.
    (I say this because I've always found it curious that the first time I stood on Apo's Lake Agko, I was immediately told about this tourist, reportedly drunk, who got it into his head to go swimming there. He never made it out. I don't remember being told of a body ever being recovered, only that large trees that have fallen in there don't even stick out at the roots. I guess deaths in fascinating circumstances naturally get weaved into the local storytelling.)
    I'll forward your account to my hiking group. I'll of course write that it's from Andrew, World Wide Diver.
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

thanks for sharing that info.

Hi Andrew & Jane,

I'm Ari, I'm Filipino, and I haven't been to Davao in ages. I do hope to come down there sometime this year. Do you run a diving operation? I hear that the water's great and I'd like to check it out.

Hi Ari

We don't run a diving operation, but are happy to advise to. We have made more than 400 dive here and know the area and dive shops here very well.

I'll send you a private message with specific info.

Hope this is helpful.

WWD

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12