Thread: poor layout

Registered Users

Default poor layout

I don't get it. really big forums with tons of posting will have more specialty forums so posts don't disappear with hours. this site is not yet at that level. so many categories and subforums are not nessaccary and will turn people away. I really don't want to come here and click on 50 different subforums to see what people are saying.
    for example there does not need to be more than 1 equipment forum. not forums for guages, fins, bcd's, rebreathers, tanks, or whatever.

If there were less forums each new topic would get much more views.... hopefully leading to replies.

imo the only section that shouldn't change is the "regional section".

I hope i'm not coming off snotty, but heres one for the "suggestion box" (which doesn't need its own forum )

That is why lately I have been sticking to the New Post pull down. No searching other than recent replies.

For what it is worth, you don't sound snotty. A little frazzled maybe...
    "I have a cunning plan..."

http://www.eoara.org/Home.html

Hi Fishome,

I think Daddy-O does like most and that is click on the "New Posts" link in the center of the blue navigation bar. You can look at the dozen or so new posts, and based upon the category, decide which one you want to read or reply to, and ignore those that you don't. That way you don't have to look through zillions of subforums, which as you rightly observed, would be incredibly tedious!

Again, thanks for your opinions, we always welcome constructive opinions!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Just my two cents worth. Maybe add onto the New Post bit by having posts from the last 12 hours/day/week/month. Include all new posts in it as well as read posts. Just for when you have time to read them but not reply and when you can reply youve forgotten where it was.

Matt

City
    Milton Keynes
    Country
    UK

This is just my two cents worth. I actually prefer having the - for example equipment broken down into different forums - if I want info on just, say, regulators as I might want to buy my own (not just yet thou!), at least I don't have to trawl through loads of posts about other equipment nor look through loads of search results.

Each to their own and every computer user will always have a way of doing an action that is completely and utterly different to another computer user (and completely different from how the software developer actually intended it to be used - trust me on that. My past job was as a software developer!!!)

Lottie

New posts are based upon the fourm knowing when your last visit was, so it shows all new posts/replies since your last visit.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

That is the problem. If I log on, and don't read ALL of the new posts then when I log on later to read them they are no longer there!

If we could see all of the new posts - since last log in, in the last 24 hours, in the last week, in the last month, would be MUCH better. That is how the other forums I use are.

There are also way to many catagories, I feel like there is no longer a need for a subject line as the catagories already narrow things down so much! LESS CATAGORIES!

City
    Northridge
    State
    CA
    Country
    United States

Interesting observations folks.

My 17 cents. . . .

I go to new posts, and open what is interesting to me.

I then go to the So Cal forum, as that is where I live

Dive Safely,

Tevis

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    If we could see all of the new posts - since last log in, in the last 24 hours, in the last week, in the last month, would be MUCH better.

Not everything you asked for, but if you log in, log out, and back in again and it tells you there are no new posts, you do get the option to see everything in the last 24 hours ...