Thread: Monterey, California

Default Monterey, California

I hope, I'm right here.
    I'm planning a trip to Monterey, California, for the first half of August and was looking for people to go out for a dive or two or more...
    If you guys have any recommendations or suggestions on where I should go for a dive or more reliable and safe operators, it would also be greatly appreciated.
    Oren

Ontario Diving No-Alias Diving Board

City
    Hayward
    State
    CA
    Country
    USA

Just about any of the dive shops run boats, mostly on weekends. Check www.bambooreef.com
    www.mbdcscuba.com
    www.montereyexpress.com
    www.aquariusdivers.com

Hope you have a great time!

Registered Users

http://www.aquarius2.com/

I was out in Monterey last month. I looked up Glenn's Aquarius II dive shop. Rough seas and 2-3ft visibility kept me from doing any dives, but I did stop by to get to know these guys a little bit. I was very impressed with their no bull**** attitude. Very traditional and strict. Just good people ready to take you diving. They are the only shop located right on the beach, and they pull in constant business catoring to the many divers that set up their RV's and such right there in the parking lot for weekend diving. Monterey is actually famous for great beach diving. There are of course boat dives as well. The weekend I was there the boats were not even running.

All of the shops out in Monterey offer a guided tour.

I will be heading back around December or January, as I was told that is when visibility is primo.

Have a great trip, Monterey is so beautiful. In my other life I have a house on 17 Mile Drive.
    Last edited by phrenicnerve; 07-27-2007 at 07:14 AM.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    -Hunter S. Thompson