Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ok, people, what ya like....

Default Ok, people, what ya like....

Alrighty fellow divers, what particularly do you like or dislike about your local dive shop? What would you like it to do that it does not now do?

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Laid back easy going attitude and good fills everytime.
    What it could do? 24/7 fills for those times you forgot to get a fill and everywheres closed and the dives at 6am the next morning.

Matt

When I order a drysuit hood, I would like it if the owner actually orders the hood instead of telling me after 3 months that he still hasn't ordered it even though I have reminded him 3 times now.

I guess I must be REALLY demanding!

well I guess just to fill my tank and not give me the run around

Well, My favorite fill station just opened up. But it's three hours from my house in Fort White! Amigo's! My new spot while in cave country!
    I have one two minutes from my house too, But there too scared

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by grim reefer View Post
    Well, My favorite fill station just opened up. But it's three hours from my house in Fort White! Amigo's! My new spot while in cave country!
    I have one two minutes from my house too, But there too scared
    Why are the good ones always so far away? Mines 15 hours non stop drive away. Also close to caves. Why cant the build the caves closer to my place in the future?

Matt

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

A shop needs to be committed to customer service and also standards and safety when it comes to rental gear, instruction, repairs and charters. I will not say whether I get that at my local shop because who knows, they might be on this forum too!

What bothers me is that many of us would like to support our LDS despite higher prices and less inventory than most online retailers. But, often the LDS lacks service and return support to encourage us to be loyal customers.
    The example by idivechick above is typical. Even though I paid 30-40% more, I ordered books and materials for Rescue and Dive Master and paid at the time of ordering. But after several weeks, I still do not have my full order. I asked if the dealer could call me when the books arrived and he replied that I should just keep checking with him instead.
    I am an iota away from doing just about all my business with an online retailer. What is the incentive of doing business with the LDS if almost everything they offer is inferior to the online retailer - price, service, supply, etc??

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by WarmWaterdiver View Post
    What bothers me is that many of us would like to support our LDS despite higher prices and less inventory than most online retailers. But, often the LDS lacks service and return support to encourage us to be loyal customers.
    . . . What is the incentive of doing business with the LDS if almost everything they offer is inferior to the online retailer - price, service, supply, etc??
    Amen, WarmWaterdiver. I've often said that a diver would probably be willing to pay a little more for the sake of getting it locally, but the return should be excellent customer service. A dive shop can't give shoddy customer service and then whine that people are buying things online! Nobody is going to pay more for a product, wait longer than promised to receive it, find out the LDS does a poor job of service after the sale, and still be a loyal customer!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I put up with higher prices at my LDS because it is more than covered in the times when something goes wrong and i walk in and its fixed in minutes and usually at no cost. If it is something that takes time or parts its usually done quickly and its not overly expensive. The guy knows ill be back so could treat me like crap but dont and it works both ways. Im never in a hurry for 95% of my stuff so its not like waiting will bother me but when i do need things urgent its always there.

Matt

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast