Thread: Grand Bahama Island

Default Grand Bahama Island

My husband and I, both divers, are travelling to Grand Bahama Island (Freeport) on June 8 through the 15th. We were wondering if anyone has been there, and would care to comment on anything. Are there any particularly good dive operators? Are there any awesome dive sights? Let us know, please!
    ><((((º>`·.¸.·^·.¸.¸><((((º>
    . .·^·.. ><((((º>`·.¸.·^·...¸><((((º>

-Mallory

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I will be there May 9th. From the little bit of reading I did, sounds like Grand Bahama has lots to do, including some big parks worth seeing on land. And a limestone cave system (including underwater caves ... although on the other side of the channel, could this be the same limestone as Florida? I'm not too smart about those kinda things) They have lots of shore diving, although I don't know about any shops there. There is a scuba/dolphin encounter that looks awesome. I will be hopping on a liveaboard that sails from Port Lucaya, the Avalon http://www.lostislandvoyages.com/

Registered Users

Default Snorking and Diving in Nassau

I am wondering what snorking was like and places to go and see, I wasnt impressed with Playa del Carmen in Mexico, nothing but sand and grass but Hawaii was sweet. "HOWS THE VIZ" for diving?

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Just got back from Port Lucaya in Grand Bahama. I sailed from Grand Bahama south to Bimini and as far as Cat Cay, then back to Grand Bahama before flying home. Viz near the island was 70-100'. There were several dive and snorkel operators in Port Lucaya/Freeport, although the biggest one seemed to be UNEXSO. Several liveaboards operate from there too.
    I'll try to get some pics up and a report soon.

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

I started to think youd sailed off into the sunset Ron.

Matt

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

It would not have been hard to stay . . .

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Default Bahamas!

I have a lot of info on diving in and around the area up at our web site twotankedproductions.com
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/