Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Colorful Characters (And We Don't Mean The Fishes)

Thread: Colorful Characters (And We Don't Mean The Fishes)

Hybrid View

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Default Colorful Characters (And We Don't Mean The Fishes)

I once dived with this…

…yoga instructor who wore white like a trademark and who, it was whispered around the deck, tutored presidents and CEOs. I wondered then why this supposed master at breathing was exhaling bubbles at shallow intervals, consuming air faster than the rest of us. She was excitable too, barreling through other divers for a closer look at say, a pawikan (sea turtle) or marble ray, disturbing it away to the group’s exasperation. For a practitioner of body awareness, I thought, this woman did not seem to know how to position herself unobtrusively around marine life

…deaf-mute underwater photographer who initially had trouble connecting with people (most shied away from the perceived extra effort of trying to make sense of his gesticulations). Underwater, however, where everyone was muted anyway, he was a master at the hand signals, truly in his element, the most animated and “talkative” in the group. Dangling the promise of an underwater photo-souvenir, he confidently herded (with energetic wrist flicks) divers this way and that for the best backdrop of schooling barracudas--although, I noticed, he didn’t always press the camera button!

And you?
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

i remember hearing a story from my SI that he once dove w/ a diver of actually and literally took off his wetsuit and defecated underwater and tried to sit on a vase coral? <--- i cant remember the name) well, as if it wont float....

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

While on our knees and lined up in a row on Monad Shoal (waiting, waiting for a manta to glide in), we were semi-aware of one local divemaster swimming to and fro from behind our backs -- methodically picking up one octopus after another, seemingly examining it, test-breathing from it, even hand-signaling O.K.

Later, he confessed that he was already about to backroll when he discovered that his tank had only 1,500 psi. This being the second dive, and with all the other tanks awarded to guests, he decided to just go with it and, when he already needed to, just start “testing” other divers’ air. Ingenious

Your turn

City
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

hahahaha nice! i'll keep that in mind... just in case....

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

What? No story-to-trade? (she says, wanting to be entertained ).

City
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

uhmm... i think i ran out interesting of dive stories/ experience... people....pls. contribute... anyone?