Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Interesting Universal Housing

Thread: Interesting Universal Housing

Threaded View

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

A few other observations. The placement of the handles at the very rear of the housing seems unbalanced to me. The Top Dawgs are towards the front which I think adds stability in shooting.

I love the fact that this housing is rated to 160m. That's more than three times the depth rating of the Top Dawg (150 ft), although I've taken mine to 200 ft a number of times with no problems.

The leak sensor is also a great addition, especially since the monitor back does not allow looking into the housing.

Battery rating seems excellent. My mini-DV camera battery was rated to 6 hours or so and provided power even on a full day (5-6 dives). My current Sony HD battery is rated at 6.5 hours but only yields about three hours underwater.

Although I'm not in the market for another housing at this time, I am definitely checking out the manufacturer's web site!

PS- I just looked at their web site. It does not appear (unless I missed it) that the current controls access the stil image feature or manual white balance of the camcorder. For me these are two very critical functions. Can anyone verify or contradict that? Of course this is an economy priced housing but has a lot of other features for the Euro (or, in my case, the $$$).
    Last edited by DrBill; 05-15-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: add PS
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.