Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Bug Photos - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bug Photos

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

I guess that'll give plenty of time for the Maine lobsters to make their way up here ...
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by seasnake View Post
    I guess that'll give plenty of time for the Maine lobsters to make their way up here ...

ROFLMAO I hear ya

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Here I am holding my 14.5lb lobster and my 11lb one, my friend Tinny is holding my 9lb one!

BTW he is 6'-8" tall and this was taken in 1975!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Gave this one to my dad.

p.s. That's me and I'm 6'3"
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Country
    USA

I take it the East Coast lobster with claws are not quite quick enough to get you with their claws?

A friend got nailed by a small crab and apparently small crabs can pinch quite hard, but that crabs claw pales in comparison to those lobster claws.
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    I take it the East Coast lobster with claws are not quite quick enough to get you with their claws?

A friend got nailed by a small crab and apparently small crabs can pinch quite hard, but that crabs claw pales in comparison to those lobster claws.
    This is a west coast lobster, west coast of the UK

The bigger they are the slower they are, their claws slow them down. But strength wise they can break any bone in your hand. Clawless lobsters are known as Rock Lobsters, there's very few left as diver pick them up too easily.
    For PSAI/SSI/SDI/TDI Diver Training or RHIB Charter in Cornwall visit - Atlantic Scuba

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    . Clawless lobsters are known as Rock Lobsters, there's very few left as diver pick them up too easily.
    They do have claws as well, just really tiny. Anyway there are tons of them in Florida. The other night on a dive we literally saw hundreds of them!

Registered Users
    City
    Newquay
    State
    Cornwall
    Country
    UK

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    They do have claws as well, just really tiny. Anyway there are tons of them in Florida. The other night on a dive we literally saw hundreds of them!
    Our local population of Rock Lobsters is very small, I found one last year. There are a lot of the clawed ones though.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by Okeanos View Post
    Our local population of Rock Lobsters is very small, I found one last year. There are a lot of the clawed ones though.
    It is all about location. The Maine Lobsters (clawed ones) are found in great numbers in the North Atlantic off the coast of the US. In the tropical waters off the south eastern coast of the US there are great numbers of Spiny Lobster and even Slipper Lobster. I can only tell you where I have seen them personally, I don't know about other parts of the world. I have never seen them in California, but I have only been diving there a few times. I did see a good number of them in Jamaica as well off Negril.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123