• Mission Statement #1

5 25.00%
  • Mission Statement #2

15 75.00%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ScubaMagazine Corporate Mission Statement

Country
    USA

Ask not what ScubaMagazine.net can do for you, but what you can do for the SMn Community.

Hey, sounds like a twist off a John F. Kennedy quote!

Joking aside, we think a PHP script based software board is the best way to go. We're certainly not going to spend several hundred thousand dollars to reinvent the wheel and turn around and offer a free board. We're familiar with the other boards and the different software used, and the one we chose is the most stable, well supported, most prolifically modified, and could allow us to offer the most to the dive community.

We obviously took a look at all the other boards. Some have a few single features that are unique, so we took a look at what other forums had individually and collectively grouped them all together into one forum. Nobody to our knowledge has the collection of features we have.

We're being copied left and right, so we must be doing something right, and all the defamation and hacking attempts by administrators and moderators of other boards was all expected and part of the plan that worked to our advantage.

The only people that want to seem to know exactly who are the administrators, founders and mods are our detractors looking to dig up dirt, so we ignore such requests as we see them for what they are.

But for those without such intentions, we're just some tech and recreational divers that came from another board where we have a flair for writing and an unquenchable thirst for dive adventure and we just want to share our enthusiasm with others on the same journey.

When we start doing tropical group trips, you can all join us for the fun and see who we all are in person-just a bunch of regular divers.

We're not out to dominate scuba forums, be the king of the hill, make a truckload of $, rub competitors nose in anything, or partake in their drama, we're just out to have a good time, experience and share natural beauty most non-divers can't even dream of, and make friends along our journey, and that is what we think diving is all about.

I did not originally own this forum, it was owned by another entity that was purchased, and they had us sign a non-disclosure agreement upon ownership transfer.

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    the0nlinediver,

What they have done is given YOU the opprotunity to let you add to the internet for scuba divers. So really the question is what will YOU do?
    Hi acelockco,

I have that already with numerous other forums aimed at SCUBA divers. Why is this one different?

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    The only people that want to seem to know exactly who are the administrators, founders and mods are our detractors looking to dig up dirt, so we ignore such requests as we see them for what they are.
    Sounds like you guys have had some bad times on other SCUBA related bulletin boards and you do not want to admit your true identities because of some of the immature people in our diving business who make life unpleasant. I can dig that.

I'm certainly not a detractor or looking to dig up dirt but I am an interested party in making sure that divers get a good and not a raw deal online. That has a lot to do with how you describe yourselves and what services you provide. I don't give a hoot whether you pay for your software or not, but I do worry if you mislead your potential community about what it is.

Your domain name is scubamagazine.net. Now 'scuse me for being colloquial but a magazine is full of editorial articles, photos, information and has just a few pages of user content in the form of feedback. Thats not what we find on scubamagazine.net. iDiveChick/Sarah is out there marketing unique features but I don't see any. I see just another forum, with the added unfriendliness of having to create an account after viewing 4 or 5 posts - what is that all about?

There must be 3 figures of forums for divers in English, possibly 4 figures. Why create another?

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by the0nlinediver View Post
    Hi acelockco,

I have that already with numerous other forums aimed at SCUBA divers. Why is this one different?
    There are many reasons, but I will give you the singular reason why this board is better than ALL of the others......READY??

Because you are graced by my presence here, that should be good enough.

However if all you are here to do is complain, do us all a favor and get narced!

Registered Users

Lawyerspeak rawks!!!

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post

We have great ideas

We have only a skeleton staff

We don't have any real budget

We hope to make lots of new friends

We love to dive & just want to have fun!

Being a complete noob, I have stumbled into this forum as one of my first on the topic of SCUBA. If the forum is the crux of scubamagazine.net, so be it. I will read all that is of interest & / or educational for me in my newfound hobby.
    My other hobby is flying R/C airplanes. There is one shinning star with regard to an online magazine / forum and I am hopeful that this will blossom into the same type of mix. If interested check it out RC Universe. http://www.rcuniverse.com/index.cfm.

As this is provided to me at no cost, I would be happy to help out if I ever can!

Country
    USA

Aerospot,

I have posted numerous times on RC Universe regarding rc sailplanes I fly (I fly hang gliders, paragliders and full size sailplanes too)and a 1/5 scale Fieseler Storch I picked up.

Now one of these days I need to pick up a full size Slepcev Fieseler Storch STOL kitplane with that Czech inline dry sumped motor....

Welcome to the forum!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

What is it with diving and every other hobby then has to be an expensive one?
    Just got an R/C heli

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    What is it with diving and every other hobby then has to be an expensive one?
    Just got an R/C heli

Matt
    Good luck with the RC heli !! I've never flown one and hear they are a challenge to learn. I have a RC Simulator that has helicopters in it and all I can do is crash them...

I'll stick with the balsa wood airplanes. I dont have to machine new parts (or buy them $$) when I need to repair from an extra hard landing...

Registered Users

Default Body and soul

To me version 1 and version 2 are like the "Body" and the "Soul" for this site. The tow are integrating each other to better tell and desribe the reason behind creating this lovely web site.

In other words its the "Mission" and the "Vision"

wishing you all the best.
    Last edited by mismail; 10-13-2007 at 01:23 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast