20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Mission Statement #1

5 25.00%
  • Mission Statement #2

15 75.00%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: ScubaMagazine Corporate Mission Statement

Default ScubaMagazine Corporate Mission Statement

There are 2 Mission Statements we have created. We invite members to vote on either two, or add to either, or come up with a new completely new one;

Here is Version #1:

ScubaMagazine.net Mission Statement

History: Our Publisher was employed by a concern that agreed he could best realize his aspirations by pursuing opportunities outside the company he was with, so his employer invited him to participate in an involuntary employee-right-sizing initiative.

Our Mission is Multidimensional:

1 To ramp up our resource-leveling skill sets and partner with new media companies for value-added, win-win business solutions that leverage our knowledge base to maximize customer take-away.

2. Design this organization as driving customer-centricity to maximize accountability and facilitating fast, smart decision-making while identifying obstructions to the efficient and satisfying flow of information technology and formulating innovative meta-solutions.

3. Assertively leverage other's professional paradigms so that we may quickly utilize high standards in intellectual capital while continuing to continually facilitate standards-compliant structurality.

4. Synergistically provide access to emerging resources in order to competently revolutionize quality leadership skills to solve business problems so that we may dramatically build client-focused catalysts for change in order to interactively disseminate empowered internal or "organic" sources while promoting personal employee empowerment.

Version #2:

We have great ideas

We have only a skeleton staff

We don't have any real budget

We hope to make lots of new friends

We love to dive & just want to have fun!

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Have fun. Dont use big words. If its not fun pass it on to someone that wants it and thinks its fun and move on.

Matt

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Version 1 sounds like it's shot straight from "CubicleLand" (as Scott Adams' Dilbert comic strip would satirize ), and I'm guessing that was your tongue-in-cheek intent

Version 2 is more in character with the easy-going nature of this forum. You may want to rethink the first line though, which under-represents the value of its creators' and contributors' tweakings/posts. Content is why anyone goes anywhere online after all, and I've read the dive discussions here (especially of the dive professionals) with interest.
    Last edited by PinayDiver; 04-22-2007 at 10:28 AM.
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

It is a shame that this forum is moving so slowly, seems like a nice bunch of "real" people that don't have to "show off" and "click"......

iDiveLawyerChick
    To ramp up our resource-leveling skill sets and partner with new media companies for value-added, win-win business solutions that leverage our knowledge base to maximize customer take-away.

I'm voting for version two because it has the word Fun in it
    and is a hell of alot easier to Read

Mike
    Dive Into Life and Live for Diving!
    www.scubarecoveryco.com

Glad you guys are seeing the satirical intent of it all.

Lu-Ann twisted my arm, I changed the 1st line to not be self-depracating, but sometimes I just can't resist poking fun at myself. Never do this stuff at 1 a.m. in the morning!

But you're right, I did run across the Dilbert site. Too bad you can't put your own doublespeak in there to modify what they have.

I actualy looked for over an hour at a whole bunch of corporate mission statements and took excerpts from quite a few and just combined them to make them even more incomprehensiible.

I like the first line about History. While researching the text I came across a site where the guys were complaining about all the really lame corporate double-speak terms for firing someone, so I just found more and combined them all: "...invited to participate in an involuntary employee right-sizing initiative" indeed......lol

Anyway, hope you all are getting a good laugh

Thanks a whole bunch ( the "whole bunch" part because I had to use 10 letters and spell checked it on top of that)

jeff likes the idear, i mean idea of the version 2! short and simple!

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

#1 = "hubba-wha . . . ?"

#2= I can do fun ...

Just along these lines, iDiveChick, tell us about Scubamagazine, who is behind it, why and how it started, etc., etc. ...

Registered Users
    City
    Fremantle
    State
    West Australia
    Country
    Australia

Well I voted for option 1, IMHO it satisfies all the requirements for a mission statement.
    It is dense, verbose, meaningless gibberish which will keep several layers of senior managment occupied for many months thus enabling real work to be achieved without interference!
    SSMD Diver.

Today is a good day to Dive.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast