Thread: Dome Port Scratch Remover

Default Dome Port Scratch Remover

The acrylic ports on underwater video and still cameras seem to be rock and coral magnets.

As long as your port does not have some sort of allegedly scratch resisitant coating, then the followng product is what you definately need to always have with you on any dive travel.

Our publisher takes the kit whenever he travels with his HD videorig. It is a total trip save and port saver!

Micro-Surface Finishing Products

The acclaimed particular kit to get is Micro-Mesh NC-78-1 ACRYLIC RESTORAL KIT

City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Use water for any minor scratches. Works well and its very cheap.

Matt

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    The acrylic ports on underwater video and still cameras seem to be rock and coral magnets.

As long as your port does not have some sort of allegedly scratch resisitant coating, then the followng product is what you definately need to always have with you on any dive travel.

Our publisher takes the kit whenever he travels with his HD videorig. It is a total trip save and port saver!

Micro-Surface Finishing Products

The acclaimed particular kit to get is Micro-Mesh NC-78-1 ACRYLIC RESTORAL KIT
    I was filming and suddenly some surge hit me up the ass and pushed me into the wreck causing a nasty scratch on the dome. I tried this and it does what it says on the bottle. I was seriously worried as I thought I would have to pay out for a new dome but this stuff saved the day. Excellent buy. Also good for those pocket digi cameras that are thrown into the dive bag and you scratch up the cover over the LCD screen. Clears them up a treat.

Steve
    Last edited by Stevect; 07-11-2007 at 03:02 PM.
    Semper in sterquilinio haeremus: tantum altitudo stercoris interdum.

><(((º>`·.¸¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯`·.¸><(((º>·.¸.·´¯`·.¸.·´¯ `·.¸><(((º>

"Sail forth - steer for the deep waters only, Reckless O soul, exploring, I with thee and thou with me, For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared to go, And we will risk the ship, ourselves and all."

In life, some people are poetry in motion whilst others are just gibberish in neutral.

My diving forum in the UK