Thread: Equipment Insurance Recommendations?

Threaded View

Registered Users
    State
    Suffering from Nitrogen Withdrawal
    Country
    Canada

I currently have DAN with the equipment add-on (preferred?). & so far so good. Haven't had to file a claim yet.

Then again I only carry what I need and have given up on schlepping and stressing over additional fancy Foto/Video equipment. If I did decide to carry all that stuff again, I would definitely buy additional insurance just for the equipment. With decent digital becoming so much more affordable and accessible to everyone, I found that there are always more than 2 photographers in the group that can take decent underwater fotos. The additional bonus (to less stress & less schelpping like a camel) would be that I would occassionally be in the photos too!

I am currently a big fan of the snappy-happy. It's fast, easy & inexpensive. & don't fall for the 2-in-1 line; always bring a separate topside camera.

As for the actual type of insurance:
    read the fine print. Some do not cover you until you touch water, your SI (computer accidentally knocked overboard), another diver slipping and falling on your mask/foot etc. The same insurance changes each year so it's also a good idea to read the "changes to your coverage" letter they send out periodically just to be sure.

On another thread re insurance: Do you have current dive insurance? - Page 3 - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

BTW DAN equipment insurance is not availabe to Canadian DAN members.

Good luck, enjoy and be careful.
    Last edited by littleleemur; 02-19-2008 at 10:57 PM. Reason: added link