I am a retired aviation machinist and toolmaker. I set out a year ago to make a can light since I couldn't afford the high prices charged for those on the market. I have always been a tinkerer and have a pretty complete shop with a lathe and mill so I knew I could make a pro level light if I could just come up with the right components. I started as most do using standard plumbing fittings and was displeased with the look and performance of the resulting lights. I wanted something to be proud of and perhaps something that would be marketable. After many hours and many changes and up grades I am finally happy with the results. No cheap components, no hacking, no grinding, filing or gluing. No clamps to snag or break. Everything is precision machined and o-ring sealed.

I use a maglight head machined to my spec's because mag is a proven quality product that is quality anodized to resist saltwater. The one thing I couldn't do in house. The canister is machined from high strength type II PVC and double o-ring sealed. The sealing glands are nickle plated brass not plastic. The switch boots are made of silicone not rubber and the lens is 1/4" thick Plexiglas.

The light head is an all aluminum unit for excellent heat dissipation and maximum strength. It uses a 5 led 5 mode light module that produces 1200 lumens on high.

Each unit is pressure tested to 10 BAR/300 ft.

Pix are here http://underthesound.smugmug.com/Und...575672_CWPf94k