Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you put your mask under or over your hood

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDiveGirl View Post
    Um JD- and this is why it's under the hood... Doesn't matter if its neoprene or rubber when it's under the hood because the hood secures it in place, does it not?
    And I dive with a spare mask also

I think a TDL neoprene mask strap in pink would be nice.... *smile*
    JD is my goober cousin on my first wife's second side who dropped out of kindergarten and has worked at Waffle House, Bob's Big Boy, the Piggly Wigley and who from the last info we got lives in a trailer in the south someplace that ain't got no wheels.

Actually it's rare that you have a rubber strap anymore --- they are either black or clear (frosted) silicone.

And, If someday I make TDL mask strap covers -- i will make you a pink one.

JDS
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited - Everything Tech
    Scuba Diving Limited - Everything Rec
    New Playground

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba View Post
    JD is my goober cousin on my first wife's second side who dropped out of kindergarten and has worked at Waffle House, Bob's Big Boy, the Piggly Wigley and who from the last info we got lives in a trailer in the south someplace that ain't got no wheels.

Actually it's rare that you have a rubber strap anymore --- they are either black or clear (frosted) silicone.

JDS
    You're impossible sometimes. Silicone/rubber - they pull hair. I have hair.. and I don't like it pulled (well, ok not by a mask strap).

Bob's Big Boy- I think thats in Baker, where the worlds largest thermometer resides.. I think it used to be called Bun Boy though.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bun_Boy
    Last edited by SoCalDiveGirl; 04-09-2007 at 08:47 PM.
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

You're impossible sometimes. Silicone/rubber - they pull hair. I have hair.. and I don't like it pulled (well, ok not by a mask strap).

Bob's Big Boy- I think thats in Baker, where the worlds largest thermometer resides.. I think it used to be called Bun Boy though.... http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bun_Boy
    Bun Boy is also in Barstow.

Well they have a few Big Boys in Fla. Though I'm sure kuzin JD dun messed them up out thar too.

:-)

JDS

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

I think a TDL neoprene mask strap in pink would be nice.... *smile*

OH BOY!! Here we go, if it isn't pink........ or all things are better if covered by pink....... Let me guess, a pink hood would effect a better seal!!

I think I am going to go color blind!!! Maybe that is what DIR really is Defficient Internal Retnal....? just a bunch of color blind people who have been misrepresented. Yeah I think thats what it all is.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by JS1scuba View Post
    Bama,

It's true, I do not have the tangle problem with my hair. However after diving extensively since 1988, training more than 3000 divers, interacting with more than 30,000 on dive boats over the years I kinda have an idea as to how to solve some of these little problems.

:-)
    What can I say Joel, that opening was just too tempting to pass up

Quote Originally Posted by amtrosie View Post
    OH BOY!! Here we go, if it isn't pink........ or all things are better if covered by pink....... Let me guess, a pink hood would effect a better seal!!

I think I am going to go color blind!!! Maybe that is what DIR really is Defficient Internal Retnal....? just a bunch of color blind people who have been misrepresented. Yeah I think thats what it all is.
    Hey has anyone told you to stfu lately? If not, let me be the first to do so

Obviously you have "issues" with colored gear? Its ok, go ahead and get some colored dive gear-- you'll realize it doesn't change how you dive at all... It's ok, really....
    Ever tried therapy?
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    ¿Dónde está?

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Hey has anyone told you to stfu lately? If not, let me be the first to do so

Obviously you have "issues" with colored gear? Its ok, go ahead and get some colored dive gear-- you'll realize it doesn't change how you dive at all... It's ok, really....
    Ever tried therapy?
    I don't know, if I'll be able to use pink gear, I was raised not to see color.
    Does a mask with SOME pink count?

Therapy has been tried, but when she walked in with a pink blouse on, things just seemed to go backward quickly. I never could figure it out.......

Just pulling your leg, after all colors quickly diminish at depths any way.

I don't know, if I'll be able to use pink gear, I was raised not to see color.
    Does a mask with SOME pink count?

Therapy has been tried, but when she walked in with a pink blouse on, things just seemed to go backward quickly. I never could figure it out.......

Just pulling your leg, after all colors quickly diminish at depths any way.
    Thats it. I'm getting you a set of pink gear
    Or maybe just a pink flowered 1mm macho suit from the box jelly thread...
    hehe
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    ¿Dónde está?

If the sheep herders made the new DIR color PINK every one of them would be wearing pink.

Now pink koolaid tastes like crap so it might as well be pink lemonade .....

Pink it's the color of choice for those who understand and appreciate that there is more than black.

Cheers
    Joel Silverstein, VP COO
    Tech Diving Limited - Everything Tech
    Scuba Diving Limited - Everything Rec
    New Playground

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

You all still dive with a mask? Can't you see well underwater? It took a few decades, but my eyes finally adjusted... not.

I always dive with my strap under my hood, but for an additional reason from the good ones Joel pointed out. As a videographer, I have one hand previously occupied with my camera. When my mask strap breaks, the hood holds the mask near my face and I can continue my dive and filming by pressing the video camera housing against the mask. Had to do that on a very important dive a few years ago.
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast