Thread: Do you put your mask under or over your hood

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by santelmo View Post
    are these what you are talking about earlier? i think these ones have more secure strap (w/ locks) rather than the ones w/ just velcro.
    but i prefer the one where you just slip the rubber/silicone strap in between the neoprene cover. therefore still having the sturdy strap w/ less hair tangling and easy to put on.
    The ones with velcro are just as bad, if not worse, than just the plain strap...
    I use the ones that just slide on and cover the strap..
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users

This is a great subject. I never wear a hood and many times when I get back on the boat....well after the SI....and everyone is putting on their BC's on....I'm frantically looking for my Mask.....earlier this year I set in in a tank hold...with divers coming back on board....grabbed it before the tank squashed it I'll start to think twice....probably put in my bag.

Default Noob speaks sense

Have newly qualified from OW and done 4 dives. On 2 of these I have had to remove my hood twice due to it causing probs with my mask. I absolutely agree from now on I will only dive with the mask inside the hood.

As an after thought 17 degrees celcius without a hood is no probs, in fact it was quite refreshing but I wouldnt like to go too much colder

Registered Users

Default outside

outside the hood
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"