I am with Bama Diver on the cave diving. I love the thought of seeing something that few-or-no one has seen. The untouched beauty that is found in caves is unrivaled. Out side of the caves, it is the whole marine enviroment that envelops me. The way I am de-stressed after a dive allows me to function away from the water. The precious ecology and the knowledge that the delicate balance is unmatched any where. The sheer beauty and the interaction of the marine life in maintaining the balance is always a source of wonderment to me. I never get out of the water without feeling that my brief visit to this marine wonderland has been an awesome privelage. I am always being asked "what do I see, or what is it like?" That I am a steward of this world always fills me with a sence of inadequacy.

The intense reliance on gear is about fourth or fifth down on my list, which is rather strange for me, given that my vocation is that of maintaining complex (and VERY MECHANICAL) aircraft. That attraction has dimed as I advance in years.

I will, without hesitation, leap into a conversation if it is about diving. Outside of that, I will say little. For I have little to say.

What do I like about diving? What is there not to like?