Thread: Uwatec Aladin Tec eating batteries?!?!?

Default Uwatec Aladin Tec eating batteries?!?!?

Does anybody know why my Scubapro/Uwatec Aladin Tec is suddenly running down batteries? Has this been a problem with this computer?

It has been a solid performer for about a year with almost 80 dives on it. I replaced the batteries just before a week-long dive trip in January. I dived once with it in February. I jumped in the water Saturday morning and nothing.

I replaced the battery and it worked fine all day Saturday. When I got in the water on Sunday, the screen was flashing Low Battery. It would not calculate my dive. It only displayed temperature and 21% O2. No timer, depth or dive calculation.

Registered Users

Default Wrist or Transmitter

Are you referring to the transmitter or the wrist unit?
    If it is the transmitter, what type of batteries are you using?
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

The Aladin Tec is a single unit--hockey puck style computer. It is a standard size and can fit into a wrist unit or a console. It does not have hoseless air pressure capability and therefore no remote transmitter.

It uses a 2450 battery.

Registered Users

I don't think I've seen any of them come in with the problem you describe but things can go blooey. Things to check before you take the computer in:
    • Did you use the correct battery and O-ring? They're user replaceable but you want to use the right parts.
    • Did you carefully follow the instructions? It isn't hard to do but there are a number of "must do this way" and "can't do that way" steps.
    • Are the new batteries any good? You may have gotten hold of a bad battery or an old, drained one.
    • Any seepage/leakage? If the battery compartment gets wet, the battery dies.
    • Did you store it with something pressing on the buttons? If the unit was turned on repeatedly while in storage, you might have inadvertently drained the battery.

If you can't get it to work, take it in and let a dealer handle it for you - take advantage of that two year warranty.

Default Aladin battery problem

I had the same thing happen. After I replaced the batteries & expensive o-ring twice on a Aladin Prime- I took it back to the dive shop. The shop loaned me one until Scubapro/Uwatec responded. Scubapro replaced the computer free of charge and also gave me two new batteries & o-rings. I'm using the tech G-2 version now with no problems as of yet. Good luck!