City
    Sydney
    State
    NSW
    Country
    Australia

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDiveGirl View Post
    White Zombie
    Black Sunshine would be a good cruising song when its stinking hot and your in an old convertable heading somewhere.

Matt

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    Black Sunshine would be a good cruising song when its stinking hot and your in an old convertable heading somewhere.

Matt
    That actually sounds like fun
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalDiveGirl View Post
    any & all of the 80's hair bands...
    Ahhh, the '80's ... and the hair ... White Snake, Helix, Bon Jovi, Quiet Riot, Scorpion . . . here in Canada we had Loverboy, Honeymoon Suite . . . good times ...

City
    formerly So. Florida and missing it!
    State
    Washinton
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    I really like music from the classic rock era.....
    Good Grief!!! That is not classic!!! That is from my younger days!! Don't even start that "old" crap. Besides I am not the one who is 500 now.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    I really like music from the classic rock era.....

I need to add the Scorpions, and from the Stones, I so like Ruby Tuesday, Paint if Black and

As far as Pink Floyd, our publisher brought me back a DVD from the Philippines probably made in China that has 12 of their albums and he said it cost 90 pesos which is less than $2.

There's Shine On You Crazy Diamonds, and of course....

Damn, talk about pushing all the right buttons to make an old fart feel nostalgic That Stones tune hit the scene when I was in HS, and yes there was this cute chick named Angie that had most of us drooling every time that song played (on the AM stations of course!) While overseas during the mid-70's, we spent many a night partying with a group called the Scorpions. Of course, back then they were little more than the house band at our favorite off-limits club. Just prior to returning stateside we got to see Led Zepplin live for the last time when they played Fourth of July weekend at the Olymipic Stadium in Munich (you should definitely add some Zep to your list!) I find it hard to believe that there are no Bono fans out there; U2 is another must have if you are into the serious years of rock

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Whoa. Just got back from Boracay Island (resisted entering any of the net cafes) to find that my sound-check list just got longer. What wonderful resource people!
    BamaCaveDiver, I was in fact listening to U2 in part during the plane, van, and ferry trip to Boracay. I’m not sure from which tour this song set is from but it includes Bono’s cover of Lou Reed’s Satellite of Love and the audience clapping in rhythm just adds to the appeal.
    There are also several medleys (You’ve Got to Hide Your Love Away/All I Want is You; One/Unchained Melody; Angel of Harlem/Dancing Queen). Overplayed songs like Unchained Melody take on a surprising new quality. The audience even went into sing-along mode to Dancing Queen after Bono muttered “something, something” to replace forgotten lyrics; “It finally happened, we’re ****,” he said haha (if auto-censored with asterisks, the four letter word for manure). It’s fun to hear the crowd wolf-whistle then explode into a happy roar.
    He also described Trying to Throw Your Arms Around the World as a drinking song, inviting a woman from the audience to take a swig.
    Your Stones tune and Angie? Mine was Mysterious Ways, playing at the University paper’s grad send-off party when the boys got it into their heads to group streak around the Sunken Garden and, not content, posed standing regally with their naked backs to the staff photographer -- as if we couldn’t identify them from their butts!. (Youthful exuberance as a final protest before having to march into a 9-to-5 cubicled existence?) Not exactly angsty but at least it’s a song association that makes me laugh to this day.
    R.E.M.'s Nightswimming also inspired our much younger dormer selves to crash into the university pool supposedly closed for the night. Even harmless shenanigans like that require a soundtrack
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Matt: You'd be horrified to learn that I first heard of John Buttler Trio’s “What You Want” as a mobile ring tone. Cantrell, I know of course; “Spiderbite” and “Anger Rising” come to mind.

Sarah: speaking of Elton John, largely due to (the return-to-romance of) Moulin Rouge, “Your Song” is quite popular in these parts.

Daddy-h2O: Van Morrison, Bruce Springsteen, Cats Stevens, Bob Dylan, AC/DC, Ray Charles, Rolling Stones – check!

Ron: Matchbox Twenty’s Mad Season is in one of my CD crates somewhere. During office outings (read: compulsory) where I expend energy avoiding being roped in for videoke (can’t carry a tune), I noted that “Unwell” seems to have become a kind of anthem (replacing their fathers’ “My Way”?).

Missy: I have Pink Floyd’s Final Cut (which includes “Shine on You Crazy Diamond” that Sarah likes), Chili Peppers’ Stadium Arcadium, and Beach Boys’ Sounds of Summer. I once tentatively asked my music-pusher for White Zombie, he gave me The Zombies (“She’s Not There,” etc.), so I just went uh, okay
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Don't forget Matchbox 20's SCUBA song ..... "Bent".

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post
    I once tentatively asked my music-pusher for White Zombie, he gave me The Zombies (“She’s Not There,” etc.), so I just went uh, okay
    hahahahahahah Thats funny Living Dead Girl vs She's Not There--- yeah, i can see the similarities

I still think the Beach Boys are the ultimate summer driving sounds.....
    Missy
    Hello, Hello
    Hola!
    I'm at a place called Vertigo
    ¿Dónde está?
    It's everything I wish I didn't know

Registered Users

Thumbs up Music

If you get to drive along side the sea, Ravel and Debussy. They were impressionistic composers, which is a style of music that is, well, "watery" if you get what I mean.

Ravel: Complete Music for Solo Piano - Abbey Simon (pianist) - compilation CD

Debussy: La Mer (The Sea) - Debussy, The Cleveland Orchestra & Chorus, and Pierre Boulez (my favorite recording of this piece).

also,

Chopin: Abbey Simon (pianist) - compilation CD
    Chopin Nocturnes: Abbey Simon

...from there it goes a different direction for me:

Tool, Corrosion Of Conformity, Down, Pantera, Black Label Society, Sepultura, Soulfly, Melvins, Opeth, Machine Head, Candiria, Fear Factory (song "Descent" on album Obsolete is a must crank for me when I hit PCH and start down the coast! ), Celtic Frost - HairNation on Sirius radio is cool until Bon Jovi or Warrant gets played, then an abrupt change to HeartAttack is in order.

Area 33 has some good ambient electronic music...

iTunes radio is even better! ChroniX Aggression for metal, radioioAmbient for sex, err, I mean chilling out.

peace!
    Last edited by phrenicnerve; 04-12-2007 at 01:37 AM.
    "It was the Law of the Sea, they said. Civilization ends at the waterline. Beyond that, we all enter the food chain, and not always right at the top."
    -Hunter S. Thompson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast