Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hello from the Center of Global Marine Biodiversity

Flamboyant cuttlefish for the checkout dive?! What a warm-up!

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by iDiveChick View Post
    Flamboyant cuttlefish for the checkout dive?! What a warm-up!
    My logbook entry went: "...first (reportedly rare) sighting of pygmy cuttlefish..." and then pygmy got slashed to be replaced with flamboyant upon consultation with the local divemaster and their stash of ID books. Happy day when we rightly name an elusive creature
    Last edited by PinayDiver; 04-12-2007 at 08:49 AM.
    Lu-Ann G. Fuentes rambles on at http://layas.blogspot.com
    "Today isn't any other day, you know." - Lewis Carroll

Registered Users

I will have to check those out, thanks Lu-Anne

I am going to PM you about the mgr of Solana.

Our publisher is awaiting some web tweaks and will be posting nice reviews with lots of photos and HD videos of Atlantis in Sabang and Coco Beach in PG. He's been invited to Dumaguete for next year but is interested in Anilao and maybe Bohol/Boracay too.
    Uh oh...that PM sounds sinister...

Bojimbs, oh, we just wanted to contact him directly and were trying to find the info, that's all.

Registered Users

Bojimbs, oh, we just wanted to contact him directly and were trying to find the info, that's all.
    Ah...whew...Joel Uichico is one of the most dedicated people i know in the industry of diving. And with a wealth of resources at his disposal, he is arguably one of the most capable as well.

Cheers!!

Hi Lu,

Got your heads up for the change of email information Lu! Sorry to hear about the SMC thing, but I do remember discussing this with you sometime back, was it the clean-up?

I've decided to go on indefinite leave from teaching Diving as of the moment. My hypertension is getting the better of me. However after years of teaching I think it is high time I get the feel of being a "guest" at a resort. I've totally forgotten how that feels, eh?

Portulano next weekend?

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Quote Originally Posted by bojimbs View Post
    Hi Lu,
    Got your heads up for the change of email information Lu! Sorry to hear about the SMC thing, but I do remember discussing this with you sometime back, was it the clean-up?
    You mean I've been mulling about trading work set-ups that far back? Wow. No worries, Jimbo. I left a great (if restrictive corporate) job for an even cooler arrangement. Thanks to IM, FTP, and other online communication conveniences, I now provide editorial services to a start-up company based in SoCal without having to leave the country (and the diving! Yay!). I just joined the ranks of those benefiting from outsourcing and the kind of flexibility that allows me to bring my work anywhere (with 3G) like, say, dive resorts (what a one-track mind!)

I've decided to go on indefinite leave from teaching Diving as of the moment. My hypertension is getting the better of me. However after years of teaching I think it is high time I get the feel of being a "guest" at a resort. I've totally forgotten how that feels, eh?
    Portulano next weekend?
    Oh yes, I'm sure your family appreciates that
    Got a scheduled dive on June 12 (Independence Day! And, appropriately enough, the day I "turned fish" six years ago

P.S. How did the underwater wedding go?

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by PinayDiver View Post
    You mean I've been mulling about trading work set-ups that far back? Wow. No worries, Jimbo. I left a great (if restrictive corporate) job for an even cooler arrangement. Thanks to IM, FTP, and other online communication conveniences, I now provide editorial services to a start-up company based in SoCal without having to leave the country (and the diving! Yay!). I just joined the ranks of those benefiting from outsourcing and the kind of flexibility that allows me to bring my work anywhere (with 3G) like, say, dive resorts (what a one-track mind!)

Oh yes, I'm sure your family appreciates that
    Got a scheduled dive on June 12 (Independence Day! And, appropriately enough, the day I "turned fish" six years ago

P.S. How did the underwater wedding go?
    I never got to go!! There was no signal in Portulano so I couldn't coordinate with Norman at all...I got conflicting messages a few days before from different people kase about the ceremonies. Some said it was saturday, some said it was sunday. Hay!! Guess Portulano won't work for the type of work you do then huh?

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

I never got to go!! There was no signal in Portulano so I couldn't coordinate with Norman at all...I got conflicting messages a few days before from different people kase about the ceremonies. Some said it was saturday, some said it was sunday. Hay!! Guess Portulano won't work for the type of work you do then huh?
    Oh no! And I so wanted details (serves me right for ending up committing to another dive the same day as Norman's underwater wedding).

Anyway, I've been mulling over something I've been told at the resort. Got to talking to an oldtimer I just met who claims that while "herding" his holiday divers (as opposed to year-round), one of the, ahem, VIPs lost a glass plate off his mask. So this DM gallantly gave up his own mask. Then this same VIP (I guess he must be!) signalled him on his broken fin strap. Again, the DM says he handed over his own pair. So then he swears that he finished the last 20 minutes of the dive without a mask AND fins AND carrying the broken gear under one arm throughout! I'm a bit skeptical. Is that a likely story?

Registered Users
    City
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

I just joined this community and was scanning this thread. You know, we've been introduced, Luanne. You were at Aquaventure resort for the annual dive clean-up last month, right?

As for that DM's story, I once heard that from that same guy too. He does seem to be a regular salt of the earth (ah, seas?).

Scan the Philippines diversions e-group (you post there sometimes, if I remember right) for the Misamis diving invitation, you fit the bill, you'll surely get a slot if you ask for it.

I'll be back at Aqua next weekend. Hope to bump into you again!!!
    As the T-shirt says: Life's a beach, then you dive.

City
    Manila
    State
    Philippines
    Country
    Philippines

Hi Carlos,
    If you posted an avatar, I'm sure it'll take me two seconds to place you

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast