Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Introduce yourself - get to know the people behind the name - Page 7
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - get to know the people behind the name

City
    Reading
    State
    Berkshire
    Country
    England

Seems amazing we go to all the effort to think up fake names for ourselves and then post our actual details! But here goes...

Name: Ingrid
    Agency: Padi
    Certification: Advanced Open Water
    Specialities - Peak Performance, Underwater Naturalist, Nitrox
    Favourite dive places: Vilamendhoo house reef in the Maldives, Fairy Tale near Meeru (also Maldives), Asdhoo Canyon Maldives. Have also dived in Mexico (Pacific and Caribbean), Jamaica and very chilly UK.
    Member of Reading Dive Club and have been qualified for over 7 years.

City
    Coron Town
    State
    Palawan
    Country
    Philippines

Tao po...

Name: Rene Villegas
    Profession: Coastal-Marine Profiler/Conservation Advocate/Coastal-Marine Ecological Tourguide.
    Dive Sites: Tubbataha Reef (Cagayancillo), Siete Pecados Marine Park (Coron), Decalve Marine Sanctuary (Coron), Calumbuyan Reef (Busuanga), Tantangen Reef/Concepcion Marine Reserve (Busuanga), Bugur-Sand Marine Reserve (Culion), Club Paradise House Reef (Coron).
    Certification Level: PADI OWD 0410A78081

Amos ta ren digue sa Calamian...
    Last edited by Delta_v18; 02-21-2008 at 04:05 AM. Reason: site of tubbataha
    "Divers do it Deeper"

ReefQuest EcoAdventure and Tours
    Palawan, Philippines

Country
    USA

Mabuhay Rene,

I keep hearing about Tubbataha.....one of these days we're going to find a dive boat that goes there and shoot some HDV underwater video.
    SMN Publisher

City
    Coron Town
    State
    Palawan
    Country
    Philippines

What? You haven't been there yet? I tell you, Dave...awesome...

The Park Manager, Angelique Songco is a good friend. her husband Norman was my certifying instructor..

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Mabuhay Rene,

I keep hearing about Tubbataha.....one of these days we're going to find a dive boat that goes there and shoot some HDV underwater video.
    "Divers do it Deeper"

ReefQuest EcoAdventure and Tours
    Palawan, Philippines

Name: Bill (I guess I wasn't to original when thinking up my screen name )

Location: Presently I live in Yokosuka, Japan. I was born and raised in Texas, spent most of my adult life prior to 2001 in Florida.

Occupation: Military Policeman (Master-at-Arms) for US Navy (since 2001). Formerly a US Navy Photographer. Also worked for Photographic Services at Cape Canaveral on the US Space Program and as a Photo Lab Manager.

Diving Certification: PADI Rescue Diver
    Specialites: Cavern Diver; EANx; Wreck

Dive Spots: I've dived all over Florida. Also St Thomas and Jamaica in the Carribbean.

Here in Japan I'm the president of our local dive club. We dive around the Miura Pennisula, either Yokosuka or Sagami Bays.

We also make the drive to the Izu Pennisula where we dive in Suruga Bay. The above water scenery includes an excellent view of Mount Fuji Izu is the northernmost point of the Philippine Plate. So when we're diving on the west coast of Izu we're diving in the Philippine Sea. On the east coast and when we're diving Miura we're diving in the Pacific

Japan is the only place I've dived in anything more than a 3mm (we're in drysuits now ) Mostly beach diving here. Being in reasonably good physical condition is definetly a plus, we're often walking/wading over rocks and swimming to get to the site

I've made two trips to the Philippines (so far). Both in 2007. The first was to Puerto Galera where I stayed at El Galleon and dived with Asia Divers. The second was to Cebu where I dived Malapascua Island with Thresher Shark Divers and Moalboal with Ocean Safari Philippines (better known as Nelson's Scuba Diving School). My favorite dive site (so far) is Pescador Island near Moalboal. Night dives on the House Reef were a lot of fun also. For pure rush... Thresher Sharks and Mantas at Monad Shoal near Malapascua. I'll be making at least one more trip to the Philippines this year. Still trying to narrow that down. The problem with the Philippines I always say... is that there are just too many great places to dive!

Guam... Incredible visibility out in open ocean. Still good inside the harbor. I really enjoyed it. Was there this past December... 7th-13th. Did 18 dives in a week. Highlights were Blue Hole, Haps Reef, and the wrecks of the Tokai Maru and SMS Cormoran.

Future trips: Some of these may have to wait until I'm retired and have the time I'll be going back to the Philippines of course. I want to do a wreck trip which would include Subic Bay and Coron in Palawan. I'd like to do Southern Leyte, Bohol (Cabilao and Panglao), Dumaguete, Apo Island on another trip. Tubbataha will be a trip in itself probably.

I'd like to dive the whole Pacific. Initially Yap, Palau, Chuuk, and Bikini Atoll. I want to dive Australia GBR and Coral Sea. The Red Sea is on my list also. Next winter I hope to make it up to Hokkaido for some ice diving.

Future Plans: I'm thinking about doing Divemaster next year. Long term I'm giving serious consideration to living in the Philippines when I retire from the Navy in 2012. I'm working on my photography now with a long term goal of using it as supplementary income. This goal will take several years to realize. I have an initial goal of 1000 with a long term goal of 10,000 quality images. That will definitely take time
    Last edited by Bill22; 02-23-2008 at 08:28 AM.

State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Default Hello buddies!

Name: George
    Certification Level: PADI OW
    Been to (divesites): Sabang Point, Coral Gardens (Puerto Galera), Twin Rocks, Koala Point (Anilao, Batangas)
    -----------------------------

Hey ya'll... count me in please, I just got certified for OW more than a week ago, and it was awesome...

Before pursuing the OW, I've also always enjoyed taking pictures while snorkeling, but being able to scubadive presents much more exciting photographic opportunities!

Sharing some pics from my OW checkout in Anilao, Batangas... I see there are a lot in here that are curious about Anilao, hope these pictures will help too...

Cheers!

State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

Default some more...

some more pics... =)

City
    Sydney
    State
    Nova Scotia
    Country
    Canada

Very nice. Thanks.
    -- "I'd like to be ... under the sea ... In an octopus' garden ... in the shade ..."

City
    Ottawa
    Country
    Canada

Great pics!

I really enjoyed the photos, thanks!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast