Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Introduce yourself - get to know the people behind the name - Page 5
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Introduce yourself - get to know the people behind the name

Registered Users

Smile Hello Everyone

Hi my name is Mike Hansen. 37 years old, I live in The USA but I was born and raised in the Philippines, I speak, read and write tagalog. I was born in Cavite City and I grew up in Manila. Im a PADI Rescue Diver and Im hoping to go all the way as a PADI instructor. During surface interval.. Im a Police Detective spacializing in Sex Crimes Against Children, I work in Baltimore CIty Police Department. Im hoping to retire soon and come back to live in the Philippines for good. By then I will be able to get rid of my dry suit and be comfy diving with my 3mm wet suit. I love diving around Mindoro, I stay at Encenada Beach Resort.. I will be there this coming October to do some R&R and diving.

My E mail Address is Longrifle762@yahoo.com contact me anytime

Welcome Fuzz!

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

welcome mike!

it's really nice and amazing to see and hear Americans/ foreigners speak in Tagalog (Filipino language) it always makes me smile... it also makes me very happy coz i dont have force myself to speak in english...my nose would not bleed anymore... lolz hahaha

wow! a cop!? sexy... lolz joke joke peace!

Our names are Andrew and Jane.

We originally come from Yorkshire in the North of England, but we are now based in Davao, Mindanao. We are the only English couple here and came here by accident after a friend invited us while we were in Thailand.

We have 13 years dive experience, are both PADI MSDT Instructors and very keen photographers. Much of our time is spent diving (our reason for being here) and discovering new dive sites in the area.

More info about us can be found on the Introduction forum - link is:

Greetings from Davao, Mindanao - ScubaMagazine.net Forum

Look forward to some interesting discussions and sharing information.

WWD

hi WWD, wow! just by reading your post i would like to see all those small critters there. would love to get the chance to dive there. am going to back to Coron next week for some diving. can't wait!
    The more the manier

Hi,

Just joined the other day.. thanks for all the welcomes! I posted only brief info the other day, so here's my 'detailed' account of who I am..

I'm 38 years old, and live just outside Ottawa Canada. I'm a newbie. diving for 2 1/2 years now, with 55 logged dives, about 10 unlogged shallow dives (<15'), and about a trillion snorkeling expeditions under my belt

Currently, I'm PADI certified for AOW and Drysuit, as well as TDI Nitrox. This June, I'll be doing NAS I, and I hope to do DIR-F within a year.

Virtually all of my diving is in the St. Lawrence River / Lake Ontario, with my annual dive during our vacation in New England.

Eager to find a willing buddy to take me to some of the shore dives off of the Maine coast when I visit in September! Drop me a line if you're interested!

I think that's it.. As far as gear, I'm diving single AL tanks with a BC, and I dive dry all the time, except during warmer lake dives in July/August.

Cheers,

RAS
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Richard Santink
    Mississippi Mills, ON

Registered Users

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by santelmo View Post
    welcome mike!

it's really nice and amazing to see and hear Americans/ foreigners speak in Tagalog (Filipino language) it always makes me smile... it also makes me very happy coz i dont have force myself to speak in english...my nose would not bleed anymore... lolz hahaha

wow! a cop!? sexy... lolz joke joke peace!
    Kumusta Santelmo,

wanna hook up for a dive in Midoro this coming October. Kasama ko GF ko and we will be diving sa Mindoro. Kung di ka available baka naman pwede mo ako ipakilala sa mga pinoy divers.

Mike Hansen

Registered Users

Default dive buddy list

does anyone have access to a buddy list in the Philippines, if there is such thing... I saw one in a website of a dive shop in Manila but I think its not active or updated. its old. anyone interested in starting a buddy list?

Mike Hansen

Mike,

I've never heard of that...if you find it, can you pm me?

Registered Users
    Country
    USA

Default Hello from Minnesota

Hi another Filipino transplant to the USA. Born in Manila,, grew up in the Quezon City. Left my marks at Ateneo, Marist, FEMA, Trinity College, and UP. Shipped out by my parents to the USA in 1978. Got involved in the Scuba scene that year. Been at it since then as a profession.

Marunong pa ako mag tagalog. Mahirap na magsalita, wala akong makausap dito. Ang awasa ko Amerikano. Masmahirap pa magsulat. Ang mga kilala kong divers sa Pilipinas hindi naman naglalakbay sa internet. Masyadong busy sa hanap buhay.

Jim Campos
    Laking UP (Barkada ng Area 14 &17 sa UP Diliman)

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast