Thread: New Cis-Lunar Mk6

Hybrid View

Country
    USA

There seems to be a lot of misconceptions floating around about the new Cis-Lunar Mark 6, and I wanted to address those as told to us by Dr. Stone and Richard Pyle.

Here is a list of some of the "issues" raised by my fellow CCR colleagues.:

"The Cis uses only proprietary scrubber cartridges"

Answer: The Cis WILL have open cannisters that allow loose lime to be packed, and we have the photos and cad-cam images.

"The Cis-Lunar Mark 6 only uses 2 oxygen cells"

Answer: The cell validation protocols is going to throw 3 cell voting logic out the window as outdated & unnecessary. The Cis uses a revolutionary, patented CONSTANT cell validation process, that amongst other things, checks for cell output linearity and constantly validates it against known parameters. And we've had the "white paper" since last week, a dissertation on the revolutionary 2 cell calibration/validation process.

"The plastic looks fragile":

Answer: The unit displayed used pre-production plastic for the injection molds.

"It is not for us tech divers".

Wait till you see what Dr. Stone and Richard Pyle told us exclusively on an HD videotaped exclusive interview. Us tech divers are not going to be disappointed.

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    "It is not for us tech divers".
    I seriously doubt if more than 5% of the internet bozo's (DIR Nazis and other assorted loosers looking for instant fame) who call themselves tech divers today (join an internet forum dedicated to so-called technical diving and be instantly transformed into a tru tech diver provided you agree 100% with what is being said), even come close to having the true tech credentials possessed by either of these two men. Bill Stone was pushing the limits back when most of today's so called tech community were still crying about the state of their diapers. I am definitely looking forward to seeing this new product. Do you have a link to the white paper mentioned?

Registered Users

Although I'm a freediver, I went to the bbooth and have to say, if I had to dive any Rebreather, this would be the one I would want. It looks straight forward and the size was smaller than I expected.

I own Poseidon Regs and if this unit is in any way designed like my regs, this will be the shiznit for rec tech diving - at a price that is less than many CCR's on the market.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Price? What price did you hear, because I have heard it was going to be close to $15,000 / unit.

Hopefully that is a false rumor, because I would love to get my hands on a few rebreathers eventually. Maybe I will have to take out a 2nd mortgage.

Country
    USA

The Cis-Lunar Mark 6 Discovery CCR will be about $5800. The old Cis-Lunar Mk 5P was about $15K 15 or so years ago.

I am going to get one for dive travel.

Wreck Diving Moderator acelockco's Avatar
    State
    PA/NJ
    Country
    USA

Wow,

$5800 is still a lot of money by most of our standards ( I think at least) and whatever I buy, I have to buy two of as my wife is my dive buddy. Unfortunately it is going to be some time before I am able to come up with about $12,000 to invest in dive gear, plus the costs of certifications needed and supplies.

It would be a great thing to have, that's for sure.

Humm....buy a dive boat or 2 rebreathers? <----That's me thinking!

City
    Burlington
    State
    KY
    Country
    USA

Quote Originally Posted by acelockco View Post
    Wow,

$5800 is still a lot of money by most of our standards ( I think at least) and whatever I buy, I have to buy two of as my wife is my dive buddy. Unfortunately it is going to be some time before I am able to come up with about $12,000 to invest in dive gear, plus the costs of certifications needed and supplies.

It would be a great thing to have, that's for sure.

Humm....buy a dive boat or 2 rebreathers? <----That's me thinking!
    $5800 is actually a great price for a quality RB, you won't find anything comparable to it for under $7000 right now. When you start saving Ace, don't forget about your instruction, consumables, and spares; that will push the total costs up significantly, at least doubling your investment.