Hybrid View

City
    Los Angeles
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Default Avalon Harbor Clean up

We went over Friday evening, it was a little dreary all day Friday, so we were a little iffy about the prospect of a nice day for the clean up. Boy, I've never been more glad I can't predict the weather, Saturday dawned spectacular! Got in at Step Beach, found a couple of plates for free food at Antonio's, and the usual junk. A half of a motorcycle tire, bottles, golf balls, etc. One diver found a Rolex, (yes, a REAL one!), a sleeping bag came up, fishing gear, pretty much the usual suspects, with some neat stuff here and there.
    You could see the snow capped mountains from the beach in Avalon. Great weather!

After the dive, we had the awards ceremony, gave away $27,000 worth of prizes. Hey, a good dive, good food, good times!

A great weekend, if you missed it, you missed out!
    Ah-OOOOOOOGH-Ga! Dive! Dive!

Sounds good. Somehow I always miss this event every year.

Registered Users
    City
    Avalon
    State
    California
    Country
    USA

Hey, TJ... good to see you here, too. Thanks for the great PR when you announced the winner of my DVD set at the raffle.

I produced a 30-min episode of my cable TV show on the clean-up. Of course TJ is featured in his role as emcee.
    Visit my web site for images of and information about the marine life of southern California's kelp forests.

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

I will be there doing the Green Pier area with the Sea Creatures Dive club! Hope we see you there! I will have a few Reed's Rods if you want to take a look! Say hi and don't be shy we are all divers who love what we do!
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

City
    Beaumont
    State
    Kalifornia
    Country
    USSA

Okay, I just picked up my new steel LP95 and I am ready to put in some bottom time! How about you?
    May all your dreams be wet ones! Visit us at Twotankedproductions.com
    Reed's Rod dive Tool Please help save the worlds Coral reefs! http://safemooringfoundation.org/

I'd love to but stuck in the cold, rainy, norther part of the state. Oh well I'll be out in Monterey this weekend freezing my ass off helping check out ow class
    Last edited by hbh2oguard; 02-20-2008 at 06:12 AM.