I was involved in a very informative discussion yesterday, in which it was pointed out that the world's water quality is degrading quite rapidly, and the consequence of that degradation was the killing off of many kinds of plant forms. With the plants being choked off by the toxic water, various fish life is killed or driven away, and in it's place left unchecked, are the parasites that destroy the local ecology. This in-turn destroys the next higher form of life in the ecological system. And so the domino effect takes root.

My question is this: How long are we as divers going to let this degrading of the world's water supply go unchecked? We benefit directly by having a viable source of water to dive in and the creatures milling over the reef, wreck, shore line, etc. If this is allowed to die off, what have we to enjoy?

It may be time for us divers to start becoming more proactive in the fight against irresponsible water use and disposal. Why not start using the LDS and local dive clubs as a conduit for information? More importantly, AWARENESS!!! We have a WONDERFULL resource, I personally do not want lose it to irresponsible behaviour.