Thread: Rebreather Lab out of business?

Default Rebreather Lab out of business?

Hi there!

I just heard a rumour that Rebreather Lab is out of business. As our web site is still not updated I thought it be a good opportunity to kick start this forum with a breif update;

First of all, Rebreather Lab is very much in business and it appears that 2007 will be the year this will be highly visible to the public through trade shows, expeditions and TV events. During 2006 we chose a very low profile as most of it was dedicated to plant contructions and streamlining work flow for higher volume production. A lot of time was also wasted as we initially underestimated the interest for the Pelagian DCCCR and built a too small plant. Now our second plant is ready and our first larger batch is well on its way.

The Rebreather Lab web site will be revised in the end of January and the second edition Pelagian DCCCR user manual will be available for down load. Hopefully this will eradicate some questions marks, give us a more professional appearance and erase any "out of business" rumours!

All the best and happy new year!

Andy Fritz
    REBREATHER LAB
    info@rebreatherlab.com
    www.rebreatherlab.com

Registered Users

Welcome to the ScubaMagazine forum Andy.

Since some of us know RebreatherLab has been working on a nice compact BOV, maybe you can tease us with some photos of a final product or working prototype.

Default Pelagian DSV / BOV

Hi Dave,

The main DSV is done and I will post some pictures later on tonight.
    The lower part, which makes it a BOV is not actually cut yet, but looks very promising as it till be very small and stremlined, but still house a balanced high performance mechanism.

As we all know things tend to look promising on the drawing board, but sometimes turn out different in reality, I will not post any computer rendered stuff but wait until at least 10 prototypes have been taken for some deep bailout trials. Hopefully this would be in mid February.

If everything works out I will be able to boast about the worlds smallest BOV with out compromising the cross section of the inner bore for good WOB.

Well, lets do the testing first and the boasting later!

All the best,

Andy
    REBREATHER LAB

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherDave View Post

Since some of us know RebreatherLab has been working on a nice compact BOV, maybe you can tease us with some photos of a final product or working prototype.

Default Dsv

Quote Originally Posted by RebreatherDave View Post

More pictures will follow as the lower section is completed.

All the best,

Andy Fritz
    www.rebreatherlab.com
    Last edited by Andy Fritz; 06-07-2007 at 02:08 PM.

Hi Andy I am still trying to get a dip on the Pelagian over in the UK I have been talking to AM about it but finding it hard to track down Mr E is he off diving the HMS Victoria?

Hi there Ada,

Mark is tricky to get hold of. I think he was in Ireland the last week. He might be away again now, but just shoot him some emails and I am sure you can get some try dives organized. Otherwise come over to Koh Samui for beers and RB diving.

Cheers,

Andy

Quote Originally Posted by CCR Ada View Post
    Hi Andy I am still trying to get a dip on the Pelagian over in the UK I have been talking to AM about it but finding it hard to track down Mr E is he off diving the HMS Victoria?