Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958

Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
New Olympus E-410
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Olympus E-410

Default New Olympus E-410

I can't wait. I came back from Indonesia determined to upgrade my 5060 to an SLR E-330. Now, it looks like Oly is coming out with a smaller DSLR with the live view. It looks like it will be a great camera for underwater. People are already preordering it. I just contacted Ikelite to see when, or if, they plan to produce a housing for it. I am hoping that they don't use the same large "box" that they use for the full sized DSLR's. If they can produce a smaller DSLR housing for this camera, it will be perfect for long distance travel.

HERE'S HOPING!!!!

Allison,

I did a lot of research for you, and here is the Oly housing:

Specs state: The TTL flash connector allows optional use of the Olympus FL-36 TTL flash with the PFL-01 & PFL-E01 flash housing. Five interchangeable lens ports allow the optional use of the Olympus 14-45mm, 14-42mm, 11-22mm or 14-54mm, 7-14mm, 8mm Fisheye and the 35mm as well as the 50mm Macro lens.

I can see how Ikelite would be a preferred housing vendor though. What a tiny but powerful camera!

Yeah, I knew Oly made a housing, but as an Oly camera user I have never been impressed by their quality. I did own one, once. I prefer the Ikelite housing. That way my two Ike strobes will have a TTL connection with the camera. Ikelite contacted me and said they have not decided to make one yet. It needs to be released and interest shown to merit the expense of designing/producing one.

Good tip then about what your experiences were with Oly housings.

On your behalf we got a hold of our contacts at Ikelite and they are aware of the Oly and are currently evaluating producing a housing for this.

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

oooooooohh.... i want 1... do you think olymups E-410 could outmatch canon EOS 400D and nikon D80?

@diverep: you're a Olympus user right? what can you say? how much will this new model cost? btw, you're friends w/ a Olympus distributor/dealer right? can we get a discount? hehehehe
    Last edited by santelmo; 03-09-2007 at 04:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by santelmo View Post
    oooooooohh.... i want 1... do you think olymups E-410 could outmatch canon EOS 400D and nikon D80?

@diverep: you're a Olympus user right? what can you say? how much will this new model cost? btw, you're friends w/ a Olympus distributor/dealer right? can we get a discount? hehehehe
    Sure Karl just drop by the shop

Diver / Poi Enthusiast santelmo's Avatar
    City
    Quezon City / Puerto Princesa
    State
    Manila
    Country
    Philippines

so which is best? Canon eos 400D? Nikon D80? Sony A-100? or Olympus E-410? sooo many to choose from....

What intrigued me about the 410 is the ability to use live view to help frame your photos. I hate the idea of my eye in the viewfinder 24/7. There are times I want to push the housing near a moray (or something equally nasty) and I don't want to HAVE to put my face there too. The 410 lets you use either live view or view finder.

My concern is that Ikelite will use the same basic outer housing they use for the larger SLR's. It would negate the advantage of buying such a small and portable SLR. I love the dual card slots. It is nice to have two cards that you can switch back and forth on.

Allright Ikelite! You have the chance to match up with a really nice camera and offer a small, efficient housing for it. A truely fine set-up.

Also, Oly uses the 4/3 format which is designed for digital cameras. They haven't hung onto the old 3/2 format used by the film SLR's. I see Leica and Panasonic are also producing 4/3 format cameras too. See the future.....

Allison,

I know all the pros use huge rigs like Nikon D200's, but I am with you, if I can get equal optical quality, the smaller, the better, and if that Olympus does what it claims, that might fit the bill, IF Ike makes a matching compact housing.

Can you explain for what the live view thing is in comparison to just looking at the lcd preview screen on the rear?

I also noticed an Oly E-500.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast