Quote Originally Posted by WarmWaterdiver View Post
Zero, makes sense to get comfortable and competent with one piece before moving on. Right now I am focusing on using the BP/W. Everything hinges on that. It seems very much harder to use than my old style jacket BCD but I do like the concept of the BP/W and the advantage of needing no additional weight.
I am trying to do all diving horizontally. Once my head is below, I get horizontal. I ascend horizontal until I am at the surface. This is one of the principles taught at the Fundamentals course and it makes sense to me.
SEASNAKE, I tried trim weights using 1 lb in each, then 2 lbs in each. The pouches were mounted on the top cam strap and I felt no difference. I may try them on the lower cam and see how that feels.
The problem is my fins are negative which is new for me and they feel heavy.
I am going to get it or die trying.
My mentor taught me to never try and fix a lack of skill with equipment. Fix your trim with back arched, head up, and legs used as a lever as you learned in fundies. Leave the training wheels alone.

So as to not tick anybody off, twinned doubles are a different story, you use tank weights to counterbalance the steel bus on your back.

For a single tank, ESPECIALLY AN Al 80, leave the gimmicks alone.

Tevis