Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thinking of BC's

Quote Originally Posted by MuscleBobBuffpants View Post
    Is that a Hog harness?

I doubt I could set one of those up by myself, let alone figure out how to get in and out of the darn thing!
    Trouble is to newer divers those things look pretty confusing.

Another nice simple bc seems to be the seaquest balance. I gave one a test dive in the pool a couple of days ago and it was pretty comfortable and most importantly easy to forget you were wearing it. I liked it.
    The Beatings Will Continue Until Morale Improves

Registered Users

It is a Hog, but I modified mine with a chest strap and a clip on the left sholder stap. Wasnt hard to do. All you need it 2 Drings 1 x 2in clip 1x 1/2in clip and 1/2inch webbing.

I found the hog harness to hard to get into and out of in the water. Maybe Im just getting old LOL

MuscleBob, there is a post by Tek_Divr in the Hogarthian Forum here on exactly how to setup a HOG rig complete with step by step instructions and images.

Hi Packhorse, being unable to contort myself enough to get out of a Hog setup is a concern.

I hadn't thought of quick releases in the strap. What did you use, just the standard plastic clip or something more substantial?

Registered Users

Standard 2inch plastic clip. much the same as found on standard BCs. Also used a 2in clip on the crotch strap. The way it comes you have to slot the crotch strap in thru the waist strap. Also a standard 1in clip on the chest strap.
    You can buy them from most dive shops. I got mine from Adventure watersports in Manukau and you can also get them at Global dive which is where I brought the 2 extra D rings I needed to modify the harness.
    If you want to have a look at mine PM me.
    After diving this rig I dont understand why everyone doesnt go BP/W. esp at this price.
    I also have a diverite transpac and trancpac 2 with out wings for sale if you are interested.

I liked the look (price too) of that Aussie rig. I am not keen on the transpac, would go the transplate if I was going diverite.

What sort of wing are you using? How does it go with singles? Does it need a STA or is it fine with just the backplate?

Cheers.

Registered Users

I use the black art 30lb wing with my single and a dive rite sports wing 44lb with doubles. I also have a DR super wing that I brought with the transpac.
    The plate does not require a STA with singles.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12