LOS ANGELES, Calif. - Kirill Kabanov shares one thing in common with all 210 players who have just become the property of NHL teamsit's up to him to decide where he goes from here.Once considered a potential top pick in this year's draft cla s, the much-talked about Ru sian became the poster boy for players who slipped Cameron Fleming Jersey down the depth charts after a wacky opening night. He fell all the way to the third round before the New York Islanders selected him with the 65th pick on Saturday morning."I was just sitting and waiting to see who picks me," said Kabanov. "I just want to show that I'm a first-round player. I'll do my best to make the NHL as soon as I can. I didn't feel disappointed when I was in the stands, I was waiting just for the team."I was really happy when I heard my name from the Islanders."Kabanov likened his situation to a plane that has gone through turbulence and said he's hoping to restore some Mike Gillislee Jersey calm. In the past few months alone, he's been sidelined with a wrist injury, walked away from the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League's Moncton Wildcats during the playoffs, got sent home from Ru sia's under-18 team and dropped by respected agent J.P Barry.The 17-year-old forward acknowledged that he's going to have to be more disciplined moving forward."I had a really bad season," said Kabanov.The pick might end up looking like a steal down the road. Ideally, that's what every general manager is looking for on the second day of Ted Karras Jersey the draft and a few left the Staples Center feeling optimistic about their chances.One of them was Toronto Maple Leafs GM Brian Burke, who dealt a prospect to Chicago in order to move up and draft Portland Winter Hawks winger Bradley Ro s at No. 43. The team's scouting staff didn' Donta Hightower Jersey t expect him to be available at that spot."There was some wonky picks in the first round last night, guys kind of went off the list a little bit," said Burke. "It managed to drop him down to us."