Thread: Name a Great White

Registered Users

Default Name a Great White

On January 1, 2012 a Great White entered into Ginnie Springs, one of Florida’s Springs. That Great White received the name, DECO. Today I learned that there are four more Great Whites entering various springs around the state. Those four Great Whites need a name and one name has already been selected, NARCed. That leaves three names needed for the other three sharks.

Divetalking is holding a contest where if your name is the first name submitted and selected for one of the sharks, you will win free gifts from Divetalking. Visit DIVETALKING to register your Great White Name and to enter the contest.

Once the names have been selected, the sharks will be placed at various springs around the state. The sites will be announced once the contest ends and the sharks placed. When you visit one of these sites, look for the Great White. If you find her, take a picture of you with the shark, and submit your picture and a small story as to how you found her, then hide her again for the next diver to find. Your picture and story once submitted to Divetalking, will be posted at Divetalking.com and Divetalking will send you more cool stuff as a way to congratulate you!

Good Luck.
    Lars

Explore, understand, protect
    "Let's go Diving"

Country
    USA

Ok, hyperlink fixed.

I wonder how deep into Ginnie Springs these sharks are, considering it is a fresh water spring....Interesting!
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    Ok, hyperlink fixed.

I wonder how deep into Ginnie Springs these sharks are, considering it is a fresh water spring....Interesting!
    Ginnie is approx a max of 50' deep. No cave entrace from Ginnie. The shark is within recreational limits.
    Lars

"Let's go Diving"

Country
    USA

I've never heard of a Great White swimming in a fresh water spring. Do you think it is a High Society shark that has developed a taste for Perrier?
    SMN Publisher

Registered Users

Quote Originally Posted by The Publisher View Post
    I've never heard of a Great White swimming in a fresh water spring. Do you think it is a High Society shark that has developed a taste for Perrier?
    These days, who knows.. She's friendly and likes the attention.
    Lars

"Let's go Diving"